Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ceate disk
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Once you have multiple projects set up in the Edit module, can you then go into Create module and bring what ever projects from the edit module to the create or do you have to bring them (the projects) in seperatly from the hard drive?

Lot to learn.

Alan
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
If i understand you right the answer is no, just go to the "content icon" and select the "+" to ad previously produced videos. you can rename also from that module. This is a simple answer.
Jim
p.s Chapter-scenes may have to be renamed if there is a duplicate within the imported material

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2014 17:56

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
To try and speed up my project i packed the materials in a folder moved the folder to a different internal hard drive. I would like to pick the video module from that packed file - but apparently you need to load the whole packed file in (whcih is comprised of 12 video projects).

I wanted to move my big project from my cloud drive to an interfnal drive to speed it up. I would like to pick and choose which modules to test fo success.

When I did the whole projcet yesterday (29GB), it took 12 hours to render and burn - but the only output was one of the modules not all 12.

Trying to figure this out.

Alan
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Alan:

I am suspicious that you may be confusing "projects" with "produced" videos, which I think is what James was suggesting to you.

One route, which I think is what he was suggesting, is to produce each of your twelve projects in the desired format. Then create a new project, go to Create Disc and add each of your produced videos in that module. You should then get the results that you desire, IF I am guessing correctly.

This avoids having to repeat your edits. To my knowledge, and I concede it is limited, merging projects on the timeline is not feasible because when you open a new project, it replaces the existing project file. You could burn everything from a single project, but you would have to repeat your edits for eleven of the twelve projects and arrange them as you wanted them. Then you could burn directly from that one "merged" project. If I have missed the boat, don't hesitate to straighten me out.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand what you are saying. That is not what I meant to convey.

The 12 rendered videos in the AVCHD format were rendered to the .MOV format. So I have 12 individual videos in that format as well having each of them saved as projects. I prbably did not need to save them as projecxts at this stage - but I am learning also.

Then I packed the materials of each of the 12 videos to my internal drive. I did this to be able to process these files in Create from the internal drive now that the addresses refer to the internal drive and not my cloud drive in accessing all the resources. disk.

The only way I could see to do it. Now I know when I start new projects to build them on internal drives and not the cloud drive. You move them to the cloud drive once you are done with the project.

I spent two years on Videostudio, but it was coming up short on what I wanted to do so recently changed over to Powerdirector.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Thanks for your input.

Alan
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Alan:

You don't really need to pack all of your project files, if the videos are already rendered in .mov format and on your internal drive. Just open a new project, import the .mov files and place them in the timeline in the order that you want, and you could produce/burn that; or, you could go straight to the Create Disk module and simply add them, by clicking the + sign as James has suggested.

Hope this helps and I am not misinterpreting again ... sigh ...

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep, It's hard to email technology.

I know all of what you indicated and I have done that many times.

My main thrust here was to get the entire project consisting of the 12 video files to my internal drive from my cloud drive. That meant I had to pack them individuaoly to move the packed videos and their addresses of all resource files to the internal drive. Then I could bring them into Create at will and cut the disk with it getting the addresses of the resources form the packed internal drive location. I believe it slowed down the rendering and create when it was getting all the resources and adresses from the cloud drive.

Whatever, it worked fine.

Does this help?

Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Alan, you probably did the correct thing by packing the project material on your Cloud drive before transferring to your internal hard drive.

You can always edit a packed project, you can add new stuff to a packed project. If you do add stuff, you would want to re-pack the project to preserve all of the changes.

I would said you learned what not to do, and found a way that works.

Good Luck,
Carl

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 30. 2014 09:06

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not by myself.

Hda a Lot of help from the forum.

At some polint hopefully I will be able to offer assistance.

You guys are great.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
One format question:

Since my files came off the camcorder in AVCHD HD, then I converted them to the .MOV forfmat as they were rendered out. cannot create a disk from that location?

would you have converted them as I did or would you have left them in the AVCHD format all the way to create disk?

I debated on this one. Not sure what would have given me the best video.

Alan
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The best results in my opinion is to leave them in Camera's default settings AVCHD files, this also reduces the rendering to the mov format.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
garioch7
[Post New]
I second James1's opinion. Your best results are always obtained by keeping your produced format as close to the original as possible.

Just my two cents. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is what I am doing from now on. I figured that, Doesn't hurt to get a scond or even a third opinion.

Thanks,

Alan