Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam Splitter not working
MattMski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2014 00:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
So I try to use the splitter in programs such as skype and i get a message that's in use or something. And YouCam splitter used to work fine a few months ago. People say check task manager for anything running, but I found nothing. Problem is both on YouCam 5 and 6. I would love some help, thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2014 12:01

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please refer to this welcome posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17850.page

cheers
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
MattMski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Full Version Number: 5.0.3618.0
Trial Verison? No
SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!) YUC131217-01
TR Number (if shown)
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version) Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? administrator
Is your YouCam a Retail product or bundles with HW? Retail product
Used VGA GeForce GT 650m
Used VGA driver version 320.49
The detailed issue description The Splitter does not work on other programs such as skype, etc. Webcam works if i select it, but not the splitter. Lets say it worked a few months ago and now it doesnt idk why.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
983 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2014 23:12

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the exact same problem, although in my case version 5 seemed to work fine. I tested every combination I could think of, with no success. The simplest way to demonstrate the problem is with Movie Maker.

I have a support ticket open on this issue. If/when I get a resolution, I'll post the information here. Jerry Schwartz
markw [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 14, 2014 12:27 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matt, have you tried creating a dxdiag? Some users said that it helped fixed the issue for them? Windows 7, i3, 4GB RAM.
MattMski [Avatar]
[Post New]
How would I do that?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, I'm still having this problem. I went back to version 5 and it no long works, either.

I've always been squeamish about using any of the cleaners, because I have so much CyberLink stuff on my system (including drivers that came with my system).

My support ticket is still open, but we've been going back and forth with no real progress. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Matt, have you tried creating a dxdiag? Some users said that it helped fixed the issue for them?

dxdiag is just a diagnostic. It doesn't make any changes to your system, but it is sometimes useful in locating problems. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
I, myself, just ran dxdiag and saved the results. I'm surprised that CyberLink didn't ask for it.

Unfortunately, there's no way to send it to them. Their ticket system is set up so that you can't add a message until they have entered a reply. You can't add a follow up. I'll have to wait for them to come back to me before I can send them the dxdiag output. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
I was told that my ticket had been kicked back to the lab, but it's been awhile with no contact. I realize how squirrely this kind of software can be, but I do wish there'd be some sign of motion. Jerry Schwartz
MattMski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I was told that my ticket had been kicked back to the lab, but it's been awhile with no contact. I realize how squirrely this kind of software can be, but I do wish there'd be some sign of motion.

hopefully it gets fixed, i like using this software but cant
dukeofdata
Newbie Location: Rochester, NY, USA Joined: May 03, 2014 14:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Any news on these problems with Splitter? I just installed Yahoo Messenger and updated to YouCam 6 Deluxe on a Windows 8.1 PC. All software is latest and greatest. Yahoo Messenger is configured to use Splitter, but the first program (Messenger or YouCam) that gets the cam has exclusive use. The second program can't use the web cam. Please help. Rick
jerrys
[Post New]
No news yet. Jerry Schwartz
dukeofdata
Newbie Location: Rochester, NY, USA Joined: May 03, 2014 14:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried Splitter with the latest version of Skype. Does not work. Very discouraging. Rick
jerrys
[Post New]
If you are within the window, return the product and get your money back. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
I just installed the latest patch (272, and there's no change. I still can't use the splitter, so I can't use YouCam with AIM, Skype, or anything else. Jerry Schwartz
john [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2014 20:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
im trying to uninstall cyberlink webcam splitter but will not uninstall please help uninstall ive been trying for over a week
john [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2014 20:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have all cyberlink proglams uninstalled but when i go on a chat site i still see cyberlink webcam splitter still in list how do i get rid of ?
jerrys
[Post New]
There are "cleaner" programs on the CyberLink website that should scrape every trace off your computer.

A general purpose registry cleaner might work, also. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
It's now 2015, almost a year since this problem started, and I still have no solution. I think that YouCam is a dead product. They've marked it down to $30, so my guess is they're going to stop selling it soon.

They probably stopped fixing bugs, too. It's a shame, but that's the way things go. It isn't the first time I've been stung, and it won't be the last. Jerry Schwartz