Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink Power2Go does not support the current screen resolution and DPI
PJay [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 09, 2009 13:53 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
I installed Power2Go 9 on Windows XP SP3, 1280x720 120DPI but I get this error if I open it:

CyberLink Power2Go does not support the current screen resolution and DPI

Any solution?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
How about set your desktop resolution a little bit higher? Say 1440x900.
Alex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2014 17:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Any resolution? I am having the same issue with v9. Opened a ticket with support today.
Alex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2014 17:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Resolution was changing user's DPI setting to 100% from the 150% she had it at. Issue resolved.
kitscht [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2014 12:18 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alex, any update with your support ticket yet? So how was this fixed?
Chun Hsun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2016 12:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the path where Power2Go is installed

e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Power2Go8

Open Notepad as Administrator and open the manifest file

e.g. Power2Go8.exe.manifest

Change dpiAware to true and save

<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>

Hope that helps
CherylB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2016 17:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a similar issue with Windows 7 starter edition. But this is on a netbook. I'm at 100%, but the max resolution is 1024x600. The <dpiAware>true</dpiAware> is set to true already.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2016 17:10

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm having a similar issue with Windows 7 starter edition. But this is on a netbook. I'm at 100%, but the max resolution is 1024x600. The true is set to true already.

Your netbook with Windows STARTER edition does not meet the minimum requirements..

"Operating System Microsoft Windows® 10, 8/8.1, 7, VistaWindows

Media Player version 9 or above installed

Internet Explorer 8 or above

Screen Resolution1024 x 768 pixels"

Did the netbook come with a version of Power2Go installed? If so, it is a free version oif the program; called an OEM. It is modified by the netbook manufacture to work on thier netbook.

Contact the netbook manufacturer to get help on their modified program, Do NOT let them tell you that it is a Cyberlink problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2016 09:28

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
BrendanBaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2017 01:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same problem when I try and open something that requires lower resolution settings. When I try to run a game that requires lower resolution settings I get the same error message and it won't run. Why is it stopping me from running other applications because the resolution is not right and it gives me the same error message? I can't run some applications I want to run because of it.
Jennike1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2017 06:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have changed dpiAware to true. My resolution is at 100%. I am using windows 7. Resolution is 1600X900.

When I open Power to Go 9, it opens in safe mode. I have also done all updates required. Can you help?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Brendan, Jennike1

You have both posted to a thread that is almost one year old and where the original poster was using an OEM piece of software and an underpowered computer.

Unless you have exactly the same as above, then you have similar symptoms BUT not the same problem. Adding to existing threads will lead to confusion since no one will know who a response was meant for.

Start your own threads ! Attach the Windows dxdiag.exe text file and -- well just read all of this (link).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2017 12:32

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Sam Helpdesk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2020 11:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Are you serious? We are not adjusting our display resolution just so we can use this garbage program. Is that really the best answer that you can come up with? Why we even post something on this forum at all? Pathetic.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote Are you serious? We are not adjusting our display resolution just so we can use this garbage program. Is that really the best answer that you can come up with? Why we even post something on this forum at all? Pathetic.

Covid keeping you out of school?

Did you read the information, solution and directions provided
Ken1Kanobe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2021 05:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to the path where Power2Go is installed

e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Power2Go8

Open Notepad as Administrator and open the manifest file

e.g. Power2Go8.exe.manifest

Change dpiAware to true and save

true

Hope that helps

CHUN, FIVE YEARS AFTER YOUR POSTING, YOUR MESSAGE HELPED ME WITH POWER2GO 13 PLATINUM. THANK YOU. Your posting needs one clarification, which I found out by trial and error. After opening notepad with administrator privileges, drag the manifest file into the notepad text area in order to change False to True, then Save it in Notepad. Works like a charm. You're a smart fellow! Thanks, Ken

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2021 11:51