Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I get rid of drag/lag time?
pastelskies [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, California Joined: Jul 22, 2013 01:02 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I click on the placement bar and few seconds later it clicks into place, not instantly. This does not help me line up audio to the screen capture of me typing in a link, and want them to be synched. This problem took me 4 HOURS of editing hell to get through the other night. How to stop? Before I could have few videos uploading at once while doing my editing work. Why not now? Because it takes so long to upload, I need to do editing in the mean time.

Also, the cursor stops while video is going, then jumps way ahead, missing parts, and many times shows just the visuals and doesn't play the audio. I then have to go back and click on just that section and force it to play the audio with the video, but with the pause in forcing, I don't get to see if it all works together cohesively or not.

Then it plays only that section that's highlighted, but I need to hear the whole video play, and even with another unbroken track present, it still wants to play only sections if the unbroken track is not highlighted. How to sync & play these tracks in real time without the hassles? Thanks for any help. Ruth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2014 22:49

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I click on the placement bar and few seconds later it clicks into place, not instantly. This does not help me line up audio to the screen capture of me typing in a link, and want them to be synched. This problem took me 4 HOURS of editing hell to get through the other night. How to stop? Before I could have few videos uploading at once while doing my editing work. Why not now? Because it takes so long to upload, I need to do editing in the mean time.

Also, the cursor stops while video is going, then jumps way ahead, missing parts, and many times shows just the visuals and doesn't play the audio. I then have to go back and click on just that section and force it to play the audio with the video, but with the pause in forcing, I don't get to see if it all works together cohesively or not.

Then it plays only that section that's highlighted, but I need to hear the whole video play, and even with another unbroken track present, it still wants to play only sections if the unbroken track is not highlighted. How to sync & play these tracks in real time without the hassles? Thanks for any help. Ruth

Hi pastelskies,
I would say you're having an "unpleasant editing experience". Ok, from your description to issue appears to be to do with your editing unit (your computer). Please let me have some "basic" information and maybe a few tweaks or some different strategy will help you.
I'll be referring to Guide information located here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
1. What build of PDR12 do you have? Guide, Part A
2. I'd like a diagnostic of you PC please. Guide, Part B
3. I'd like to know the make up of your project - what media files it contains. HD video?, Audio formats, mp3's? Still images, jpegs or what and frame pixel size?
4. I'd like a screenshot of the Edit Workspace with your project insitu? Part E & F
5. I'd like a sample of your video - maybe later.

What you can do... Update your graphic card drivers - visit the manufacturer's website. Make sure you are running the latest build of PDR12.

The stuttering track playing etc is caused often by an underpowered computer unable to cope visually (weak graphic card) and/or the CPU not being powerful enough - stressed. There is also possible problems with Hard Drive set up and the lack of Memory/Ram. When dealing with HD video computers need resources. Large, long projects stress computers a lot and breaking these down to smaller chunks is preferable. PDR does have Shadow File creation as a workaround for slow PC. I will make suggestions on what to do from the additional information you provide - other editors may jump in as well or answer sooner.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2014 06:35

pastelskies [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, California Joined: Jul 22, 2013 01:02 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
This is a lot to think on & nightmare to begin assessing. Thank you very much for your time to answer.