Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Introuducing slow motion into inside of video clip.
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
how do you select and crop a selected area of a clip and insert slow motion to that selected area (using power tools)?

Then what do we do to adjust audio?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: how do you select and crop a selected area of a clip and insert slow motion to that selected area (using power tools)?

Then what do we do to adjust audio?

You put a Split at the beginning of your slow motion section and a Split at the End of your slow motion section.
Select that clip and apply Power Tools > Video Speed.

Audio has to be handled externally.
Any time the video length is changed, the audio no longer matches. You have to edit the audio to match the new video length.
Or you can add music the correct length.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2014 14:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hello acg,

I am not sure I fully understand what you are after...

Not being an expert on audio (but learning by the years) - to me audio will be a problem
when changing speed of a clip preserving the audio.
It will all depend on what video+audio I have at hand.

Will it work to have the original video+audio running and have a piece of just the video running
as a PiP in slow / faster motion? Is it an option for me to record the audio on a seperate device?

What is actually in the audio? Is someone talking then the options surely narrow.
Can I unlink the audio from the video in the whole clip and then make different speed adjustments
of the video on the basis of the audio?
Do the video in fact have to be in sync with the audio ?

Some of the questions I (will) ask myself before starting a project where audio will be
an essential part.

I put together on the fly a little piece showing 1 - ONE -option.
It may be a little beginner-ish, may - or may not give you an idea.

http://youtu.be/JiX3KgCKflQ

Nina

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2014 14:54

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks,

I understand that the audio length will have to be adjusted or maybe removed during the slow motion section. I think power tools does have options there. When you say split the video, to identify the section that will be slow motion part not sure how to do that.
When you say split the video are you saying use trim/multi-trim, or Power Tools crop? The manual talks about Power Tools crop but really does not explain how to use it.

I am a newbe to Powerdirector 13 - I used Corel's Video studio prior to moving to Power Director 13.

I am working on a project that is digitizing 8mm film and am looking at options to enhance looking at the new Blu-Ray DVD movie, by adding 50's music, subtitles, editing, etc. All of those I am comfortable with.

I am doing it in full 1920X1080HD (recorded in that mode - interlaced)) in widescreen mode. That is because you cannot do 3X4 format in that HD mode.

Nothing else to do during retirement years.

Boy, does the rendering take forever per 800 foot converted from projector - film to mirrored box captured by AVCHD HD Camcorder. I have a quad processer with 4GB memory now updating to 8GB of ram

Alan
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Alan,

you can drag the timeline wide - (blue bull's eye) - go frame by frame.
I'm sure people do this in different ways using different tools inside PD.
I use the simple "split" tab above the timeline.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
By split, we mean split. It slices a clip into two at the current scrubber position. If you select a clip, you should see the "Split" button above the top left of the timeline.

People do it so that they can extract garbage, add a transition between two sections, and all kinds of things like that.

As for adjusting the sound so that it matches the video, Power Tools will do that: People won't sound like chipmunks, but they might sound unnatural. It seems to work out better if you speed up the clip, rather than slow it down. Jerry Schwartz
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
You guys are awesome!!

Las clarification I think.

I split the big video in two locations (the beginning of the slow motion and the end of the slow motion).

That works.

At this point, I used Power tools to adjust the speed down for that selection. That works.

It seems now we have 3 separate videos.

So to join them to one video do you just highlight all video segments and do a combine objects?

That seemed to work - otherwise the video when played stops at each spit instead of going on.

Now adjusting the audio (basically in this case the music). Need to figure out the interpolation process.

Thanks again you guys are great!!

Alan
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
The video stops at the end of each chunk because your preview is in "Clip" mode. You can change that to "Movie" and it will play end to end.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by adjusting the audio. Was the audio part of the clip, or was it separate? Jerry Schwartz