Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble Burning a DVD/Blu-Ray
Eh2x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2014 07:33 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm excited about PowerDirector and am really loving it. It has been a few years since I burned a DVD so am out of practice, plus I never burned a Blu-Ray before. I tried one DVD but it was too small and I don't know what speed it was made for, but I didn't get my entire 1h 40 minute movie on there. Plus, the video started to get distorted halfway through. So, I need to know what is the ideal speed I should be looking for when purchasing blank Blu-Rays and DVDs. Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm excited about PowerDirector and am really loving it. It has been a few years since I burned a DVD so am out of practice, plus I never burned a Blu-Ray before. I tried one DVD but it was too small and I don't know what speed it was made for, but I didn't get my entire 1h 40 minute movie on there. Plus, the video started to get distorted halfway through. So, I need to know what is the ideal speed I should be looking for when purchasing blank Blu-Rays and DVDs. Thanks.

First:
Do you have a BluRay burner?

A DVD burner can not make a BluRay Disk. A DVD Burner can make a AVCHD disk burned to a DVD disk. But the disk capacity is too small for much HD Video. The maximum 1920x1080 @ 17Mbps video you can fit on a DL DVD is about one hour.

If you have a BluRay Burner, then you select BluRay in the Create Disk Module 2D > Bluray.

Burning a BluRay is the same as burning a DVD. Nothing is changed except you choose BluRay format.
Bluray disks are available in 25 GB and 50 GB sizes.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So, I need to know what is the ideal speed I should be looking for when purchasing blank Blu-Rays and DVDs. Thanks.
What do you mean by speed? The burn speed that the disc is rated? Most blank DVD discs are rated at 16X. Personally, I burn at 8X only.

Bluray speeds are different. Most blank Bluray are rated 4x to 6x. You really need to check the manufacturer's site for recommend blank media for your particular burner(s). Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA