Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd, a collum for " this would be nice to have" ??
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,
PD users might want to have some functions that are not available at this time and CL may not be aware of those desires.
Perhaps a column might be added to do this? Forum participants might have sensible ideas to propose.

To start off, here are two of mine.

1) A button to locate a timeline video segment in the album. I usually use several albums and sometimes need to identify a timeline part. PD12 will identify an album part on the timeline but not the other way around. I find this feature very useful when I am using other video editing software. Certainly easy to implement.

2) A small, calibrated stereo VU meter located in some unused part of the display.

What say?

Eugene

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd,
PD users might want to have some functions that are not available at this time and CL may not be aware of those desires.
Perhaps a column might be added to do this? Forum participants might have sensible ideas to propose.
To start off, here are two of mine.
1) A button to locate a timeline video segment in the album. I usually use several albums and sometimes need to identify a timeline part. PD12 will identify an album part on the timeline but not the other way around. I find this feature very useful when I am using other video editing software. Certainly easy to implement.
2) A small, calibrated stereo VU meter located in some unused part of the display.
What say?
Eugene

Hi Eugene,
To prevent an idea becoming "lost in translation" with your requirements overlooked, I would suggest you create an image displaying your idea. A picture to "tell the story".
Example: Take a screenshot of the User Interface (UI) and overlay what you'd like (a button for ???) and annotate it with a brief outline. Cartoon style even. The image message can be instantly grasped. Use a a few images to describe what you're after. Create your own UI for your own addons.

CyberLink would be keen to see members UI's (what you want), I'm sure.

I'll pass on your images.

Dafydd
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Could not use screen saver

OK, On the picture, among "remove, select all, paste, copy etc" ADD show clip in album

How about others adding their ideas?

Thanks Dafydd

Eugene

EDIT

Took an other crack at it and added text on picture at reduced size.
[Thumb - P1060606.JPG]
 Filename
P1060606.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
ADD show clip in album
 Filesize
6322 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)
[Thumb - plus text.jpg]
 Filename
plus text.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
TEXT ADDED on pic
 Filesize
810 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
135 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2014 19:36

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
In the column of It would be nice to have is a CLONE Effect for Video.

Much like the CLONE STAMP in most image editors.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31139.page

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In the column of It would be nice to have is a CLONE Effect for Video.

How many of you do you think we can take, Carl? Jerry Schwartz
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: In the column of It would be nice to have is a CLONE Effect for Video.

How many of you do you think we can take, Carl?

It is not to Clone a person. That has not been done yet.

It is to Clone a spot on the image and copy that spot to another place therefore over writing what was originally there.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jenyk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Czech Republic Joined: Feb 23, 2013 11:20 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Well, having one proposal as well. My suggestion is to allow magnification of timeline in Single Trim windows (as already available in Multi Trim option) and both Single and Multi Trim initial timeline scale adjust to just recently selected clip (as in Content Aware Editing window).

After discussion here on forum I am using Clip option, but for editing of long videos with many scenes trimming would be much much more convenient. Both functions are already implemented and used in PD, so their usage in the proposed way cannot be too difficult.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2014 16:16

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
It is not to Clone a person. That has not been done yet.

It is to Clone a spot on the image and copy that spot to another place therefore over writing what was originally there.

I've done it a lot with still images. There are several flavors of such tools: object remover, scratch remover, clone the way you described. With moving images, it would have to use some technology similar to ColorDirector so the clone would follow the motion.

I certainly understand the need. I was showing a wedding video to the family, and several people mentioned that I had a dead pixel on my TV. I knew at a glance that it wasn't true, but for once I had the tact not to say "No, the videographer has some problem with his equipment."

A clone operation might have been the answer, although in this particular case I think a highly feathered mask with a HSL correction would have been a better tool. Jerry Schwartz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Eugene and Carl's suggestions have been forwarded to CyberLink.
Forum Moderator