Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering combined clips of different types produces jitter
deardavid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2013 23:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector Ultra 11 (build 11.0.0.3230 - SR # = VDE130812-01), Win7 Prof., 64 bit, Intel i7 CPU, 2.93 GHz, 6.00 GB RAM.

I'm having trouble rendering a movie which is a combination of .mov and .VOB clips. The preview looks good (after I rolled back the NVIDIA driver). The .mp4 rendering [640x480/30p (6 Mbps)] results in flickering in spots. I reduced the problem to combining 2 short source clips with different original video formats:
A.mov: file type MP4, video type H.264 AVC, 4.29 Mbps, 1280x720, 30 fps, progressive
B.VOB: file type VOB, video type MPEG-2, 5.24 Mbps, 720x480, 29.97 fps, interlaced

Rendered separately into separate movies, there is no problem. However, when combined into a single movie, there is flickering that occurs in several spots in the A.mov portion of the finished movie.

I thought that PD would be able to edit video clips from different sources and render them into a single output file. Since that did not work, I tried to render the .VOB file into a .mov file using PD, and then import that back into the workspace, in order to then combine files with more similar attributes, but that did not work even before rendering. It froze up my system when I tried to import the new .mov file into the library to join the previously loaded A.mov file, and when I imported the new .mov file into a new empty project (which worked better), there was an error message when I tried to drag it into the editor timeline workspace: "Media Source Error [Error COde2]: A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system amy lack the required decoding components for this file. Please try again using another media file format." I was surprised to get this error, from a file output by PD itself.

Thank you for any help you can offer concerning this problem. If you need any more information, I will try to provide it.

David Silverman
deardavid0@gmail.com

Note 1: I am attaching MediaInfo files for the original sources of A.mov (11-02 Memorial.mov) and B.VOB (VTS_01_3.VOB).
Note 2: I just now found the update to PowerDirector 11 to build 3625 to
improve compatibility with NVIDIA display driver version 331.65. It would have saved me many hours if the PD update had come out sooner, or perhaps if I had seen the update earlier, because my previously good preview had stopped working, apparently after I upgraded my NVIDIA driver to 331.65. I finally discovered that that was the cause, and I rolled back the NVIDIA driver to version 9.18.13.3158. This is how I have run all my tests with PD described above, with the previous PD build 3230. I don't want to change anything now, if it's not necessary, since the PD update only seems to affect the NVIDIA driver issue, which was corrected when I rolled back the driver. I have run multiple tests and spent many hours reducing the problem to the form described above. If necessary, I can update the NVIDIA driver and PD version and rerun the tests, if you think that might be a pertinent factor.
 Filename
Diagnostic and MediaInfo files.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag files and MediaInfo files
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
deardavid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2013 23:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I decided to update both my NVIDIA driver and the PD version to incorporate the patch for NVIDIA ver. 331.65. However, when I went to the NVIDIA site, I found they had updated their driver once again, to version 332.21 - WHQL. Anyway, I updated to both the latest versions, checked the preview window, and rerendered the test file -- and found there was no change in the outcomes from what I described in my original post. I am including an updated zip file with the new DxDiag files in them, just to confirm the changes I have made.

One other thing I noticed, was that the NVIDIA driver site says that my GeForce GTS 250 video card does not support DirectX 11 -- however, DxDiag says that that is what I have installed in my machine, DirectX 11. The NVIDIA site picked the appropriate driver for me automatically (as it has basically done all along), and there was no error message about DirectX 11. Maybe it just means that I have some DirectX 11 capabilities in Microsoft's installed software that my GTS 250 can't take advantage of.
 Filename
Diagnostic and MediaInfo files 1-13-14.zip
[Disk]
 Description
latest DxDiag and MediaInfo files
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
219 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2014 20:37

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You are low on free Hard drive space on your C drive.
PD does best if it has 60 to 100 GB of free space on the C drive. You only have 56.9 GB free.

You have a Intel i7 CPU, you do not have the HD 4000 graphics enabled.
The HD 4000 graphics just might handle your video better that your NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.

You might consider updating your PD11 with the latest patch build 3625, It improves compatibility with NVidia video drivers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2014 22:43

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.