Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Skew an image? Also auto volume drop on voice over?
CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
So as I'm getting a lot more comfortable with the software, there's a few things I'm missing that I'm wondering if they are possible.

The main thing right now is the ability to skew an image (or pip). In a video I'm working on, I have a picture of a car at an angle, with a big logo on the door. I'm zooming in on the logo, then pulling it out and fading out the rest of the car. Problem is, since the picture is shot on an angle, the logo is very skewed. I have no problem rotating and magnifying the image in PiP, but I haven't found a way to skew the image. Is this not possible? I would do it in photoshop but that would not help as it needs to gradually grow back to normal in the video.

Next thing is an auto volume drop on my music or background track while doing voice over. Is this possible? My only solution now is to 1. manually drop the volume every time i record a VO (highly impractical) 2. Have the music volume permanently low enough to hear voice on top. Neither is ideal.. just curious if there is a way to do this more easily?
(I usually use keyframes to raise and drop volumes so I can be sure I'm doing multiple tracks at the same points.. is this the correct way? Or is there an easier?)

Thanks!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
HI,
There is a way to skew but I am not sure if possible on zoomed image. When in the Modify room of the clip you have to uncheck keep aspect ratio. Then in the preview window you have White handles for adjust width and height, but in the same spots there is small blue rectangles that can be used to 'deform' the image these may accomplish what you are after. ON the second question I am deaf so audio I can't help ya.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: HI,
There is a way to skew but I am not sure if possible on zoomed image. When in the Modify room of the clip you have to uncheck keep aspect ratio. Then in the preview window you have White handles for adjust width and height, but in the same spots there is small blue rectangles that can be used to 'deform' the image these may accomplish what you are after. ON the second question I am deaf so audio I can't help ya.
Jim

Amazing!! That was exactly what I needed to do! I had already unchecked aspect ratio but would've never noticed those blue handles, only the white. That worked perfectly thanks a ton for the help.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Next thing is an auto volume drop on my music or background track while doing voice over. Is this possible?

See the horizontal line in the middle of the audio track? Click on it and drag it downward at the beginning ... and do the same at the end of your voice bites. Note that each click creates a keyframe (dot).
Aus_Sean [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Nov 27, 2013 19:55 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Amazing!! That was exactly what I needed to do! I had already unchecked aspect ratio but would've never noticed those blue handles, only the white. That worked perfectly thanks a ton for the help.

These guys got in quick and you seem to have it sorted. For others, PDToots did a tutorial (check youtube) creating your own transitions, which sounds very similar in the skewing of an image approach you're refering to. The approach/method would be transferable to what you're working on.