Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Please help] Unacceptable preview speed
ngyintung2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2014 07:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PD12 and using it with following spec:

CUP: i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz
Display card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
Display card driver: GeForce R331 Game Ready Driver
Ram: 8GB

I found that my preview speed is EXTREMELY slow. Some post mentioned that I should close the CUDA in my display driver control panel yet my current version dont allow me to do this. (no this option)

Please help.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
ngyintung2001,
welcome to the forum.
When the preview is slow/choppy, have you added FX or fixes, or music? What is the nature of the clips you are having issues with?
Under the preview window, tucked between the camera and audio icons, is box-in-a-box icon. Click on that to reveal a dropdown menu. In that menu you can reduce the quality of the preview, thereby lessening the strain on your computer. This will have no affect on the production of your videos, only the preview. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ngyintung2001,
welcome to the forum.
When the preview is slow/choppy, have you added FX or fixes, or music? What is the nature of the clips you are having issues with?
Under the preview window, tucked between the camera and audio icons, is box-in-a-box icon. Click on that to reveal a dropdown menu. In that menu you can reduce the quality of the preview, thereby lessening the strain on your computer. This will have no affect on the production of your videos, only the preview.

Many times recently I've been struggling to figure out why all of a sudden my playback is so poor.. only to realize I forgot I had set my video to Full HD playback. Just drop it down and you're good. It seems to me like even a very powerful computer struggles with realtime Full Hd.