Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Warping text
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I want to use title text over a background. The issue is that the background is angled towards a vanishing point (i.e., a perspective view). In order to make it look perfect, I would need to angle and warp the text slightly.

Think of it this way: the camera is looking down a hallway, and I want to put a sign on the wall. The sign should lie flat on the wall, not stick out at an angle.

Did I overlook some way of doing this in PD? I have an arsenal of other tools, but getting the proportions and angles right would require a lot of round trips.

Fortunately, in this particular case the problem isn't obvious to the casual observer. You can see what I'm talking about at http://youtu.be/0m0G_A3GFPs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2014 03:57

Jerry Schwartz
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry

Your link comes up with a 404 Error Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Your link comes up with a 404 Error

Remove the . at the end of the URL.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry -

If you're referring to the way the "camera" takes a perpspective look at some of the frames, why not just make some of your images embedded with the title... that way the words will "warp" as the camera shifts angles.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, just ignore what I said.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Warp Title.png]
 Filename
Warp Title.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
298 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2014 00:08

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the woof.

Those pictures aren't mine. They came from PD (the "Gallery" PIP), and I overlaid my title. In other words, the picture frames came pre-warped.

For that matter, while I know how to move the camera orthogonally vertically and horizontally, I don't know how to pan it (in the photography sense of the word, which is more precisely "yawing").

As I said, I have programs that can do that but they are vector drawing stuff, for the most part. I could have done it that way, but it would have been a chore to match the angles. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
I figured out how to do what I want, to at least a good approximation. The attached clip shows both what I didn't want and what I did.

The secret was to create a 3D-like title, which lets you rotate text objects in three dimensions.

I'm intrigued by what you did, however. Where did you get the picture frames? How did you lay the text on them? How did you angle the camera, and in what software?

If you did that all in PD, then I'm overlooking a nice array of tools.
 Filename
MountedFish.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
346 time(s)
Jerry Schwartz