Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Theme Designer vs. TV Safe Zone - Tonight on Pay Per View
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using theme designer in a 16:9 format to create a slideshow ("gallery" theme). I have to use the them designer to get enough slots for all of my pictures.

After returning to the main edit workspace, I have a single clip as generated by the theme designer. So far, so good.

I cannot display the TV Safe Zone, nor can I manipulate the image in the preview window in any way. I presume that this is because Theme Designer has a strangle-hold on my work, but I'm quite concerned about the TV Safe Zone. I don't want the tops of peoples' heads clipped off, as has happened to me before.

Is theme designer taking care of this, or I simply stuck with bad framing? Jerry Schwartz
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Jerrys,

How would you like a PIP to put in a higher number track that is the rectangle of the 16:9 TV safe Zone?
One is a solid line, one is a Dashed line.

You can remove it after you have done what you need to do.

[Thumb - TV Safe Zone_Transparent 16_9.png]
 Filename
TV Safe Zone_Transparent 16_9.png
[Disk]
 Description
Transparent outline of the 16:9 TV safe Zone
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)
[Thumb - TV Safe Zone_Transparent 16_9_Dashes.png]
 Filename
TV Safe Zone_Transparent 16_9_Dashes.png
[Disk]
 Description
Transparent Dashed outline 16:9 TV Safe Zone
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 04. 2014 20:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Carl, that's a great idea. I'll let you know what the results are.

I'm kind of suspicious, though: the pictures seem to fill the preview window. On the other hand, this theme has a lot of zooming and panning so maybe they took that into account.

It's still rather puzzling that those features are disabled when you return to the edit workspace. Then again, they warn you that the theme designer overrides any other edits you might make. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
It's just as I suspected: Theme designer makes clips that are far larger than the TV Safe Zone, and its output cannot be resized. (I'm using the "Gallery" theme.)

Apparently, what you have to do is produce the theme designer's output, put the produced file on the timeline, and go from there. Producing the file breaks the theme designer's headlock (as you'd expect it to). Just don't put your produced file back into theme designer unless you have some very peculiar goals. Jerry Schwartz