Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My Imported Files never go the right file location
[Post New]
So I start a new project, create a new folder and set it as the "Import Folder" in the file preferences so files that I capture will go there. They never do. They seem to go to the last project's import file that I created. What am I doing wrong? Exporting rendered files does the same thing. They go to the last projects files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2014 19:23

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Under FILE|PREFERENCES|FILES, the IMPORT default is where looks for files when FILE|IMPORT|MEDIA is clicked (edit mode).

The OUTPUT default is where PD will save productions. That path is echoed in the PRODUCE mode, just under the viewing window. That path also applies to CAPTURE. I changed the path, then restarted PD. The new path was shown in the CAPTURE window (though I did not attempt an actual capture).

These tutorials may help understand how to best manage PD projects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2014 02:09

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This has been an ongoing annoyance, I've brought this up before. I often find myself with exported photos and videos in an unrelated folder, then I remember and alter the export preference. It would seem to me, a non-coder-type crabby fellow, that the export could be matched up to a particular folder, or at least ask/remind us of it in a popup. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Problem is I have the correct and desired folder in the prefs, saved the file, but they don't go there. They are always in the folder for the last project that I worked on.
[Post New]
Quote: So I start a new project, create a new folder and set it as the "Import Folder" in the file preferences so files that I capture will go there. They never do. They seem to go to the last project's import file that I created. What am I doing wrong? Exporting rendered files does the same thing. They go to the last projects files.

I understand that the Import Folder is one that contains the files added in PD.
This is in memory until you choose another folder.

The Export Folder, this can be set a fixed place, she keeps files created during editing.
These files will be deleted in 30 days (default).

Note: To capture files (Capture Media Content) every file saved goes to the Export Folder

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2014 12:03