Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scroll Up Title Designer Very Slow and Clunky Once Substantial Amounts of Text Are Entered
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]

Good day folks, and Happy New Year. I previously reported this issue with Scroll Up Titles that I imported from PD11. I assumed the import caused the problem. Two days ago, I had occasion to create a brand new scroll up title for the closing credits on a home BD H.264 video and noted that as more lines of text were entered, the title designer became very slow and clunky, agonizingly slow. At least I did not experience the "improper argument encountered" bug that afflicted PD11 until a late build fixed that, sort of.

I really think that Cyberlink needs to do some serious work on the scroll-up title designer. It worked great in PD9 and even PD10, but starting with PD11, it has become almost unusable. I know that I could break up my closing credits into smaller chunks and arrange them appropriately, but it seems to me that scroll-up credits are pretty basic and the program should be able to handle them much better, as it did in the PD9 and PD10 incarnations.

Just my two cents and recommendation. That said, I am otherwise very pleased with PD12 Ultimate. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor