Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble with video rendering
CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
So, first post here. Apologies in advance if my terminology is off. This is a program I've used sparingly in the past but now will begin using it daily as a full time job. I use this program at home on a PC I built and it runs mostly flawlessly.

I just had the company order me a computer that would be able to run PD12, and at first it seemed good but as my projects are getting more complex I'm noticing a 'rendering' bar that I've never seen, as well as lots of video stopping. I continually check the cpu and RAM usage and they always seem to be good..

The computer is an hp elite 8100
i7 2.93Ghz processor
4Gb RAM (4 more on the way)
Win7 64 bit
ATI Radeon X1300 GPU

I was actually not aware the computer would be coming with a standalone GPU, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this.. but now I'm leaning towards thinking this is the cause of my issues. I don't know much about GPU's and their role, but I can't imagine the i7 cpu is struggling and the little info on the x1300 leads me to believe it is old and outdated?

Any advice?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just had the company order me a computer that would be able to run PD12, and at first it seemed good but as my projects are getting more complex I'm noticing a 'rendering' bar that I've never seen, as well as lots of video stopping.

Have you applied the beta patch listed at the top of this forum? Try that, then report results here.
CJC [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just want to note, if it makes a difference, I'm running the exact same version on my home desktop and do not experience nearly as much issues with the video playing.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just want to note, if it makes a difference, I'm running the exact same version on my home desktop and do not experience nearly as much issues with the video playing.

Video card and drivers are different ! Do as borgus1 suggests.

It worked for me. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CJC [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll give it a shot
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest you post the full dxdiag as per the stickie on top of the forum

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

The Radeon X1300 seems a very old card (released in 2005 ?) to have with an i7. The HP support site indicates a need for a discrete GPU with recommendations as follows:

NVIDIA GeForce 310 DP PCIe x16 Graphics Card
Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 Graphics Card
Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 4550 Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP (1GB) PCIe x16 Graphics Card (CMT only)

The dxdiag will be very useful in helping to assist with your issue.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
CJC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I'm not sure why that graphics card came with the computer..

Filename
CJCDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
218 time(s)
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Well that's what it says, which by my understanding is at the limits of, or below, the minimum specs for PD. Certainly I wouldn't choose to edit with that card.

The constant pre-rendering is a bug with the later cards/drivers, but, from memory, it was originally designed for, and triggered by, low performance GPU's.

If others confirm my thoughts, I suspect you will need to upgrade your GPU but you may be constrained by the SFF design of the box, which I think will only allow half height cards to be installed.

In the meantime, you could try to update your video drivers, which are dated 2009, and see what happens??

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
CJC [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was going to purchase this card and give it a shot:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150655