Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7, another save/open bug? this one with sound
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 v1714

This appears to be another save project and then open project issue.

The issue is shown with the video created with the steps below. The below tasks simply use the slideshow feature to create a slideshow with music for the first five pics and then another slideshow with the same continued music for the next five pics by using the music mark out and mark in points.

1) put the cherry, flower, lily, tulip, windmill in the time line
2) Do the above again
3) select the first 5 pics and make a slideshow
3a) use cell, add one of your mp3 music clips
3b) (music settings) unclick fade out, set mark out at 10:00 seconds
3c) (slideshow settings) use fit photos to music
4) finish creating slideshow
5) select the remaining 5 pics and make a slideshow
5a) use 3D, add the same music clip as above
5b) (music settings) unclick fade in, set mark in at 10:00 seconds
5c) (slideshow settings) use fit photos to music
6) play clip from start in movie mode, slight click at 10:00 seconds but overall great.
7) save project and quit
relaunch PD7 and open saved project
9) play clip from start in movie mode, second clip has no sound
10) position cursor in second slideshow and play movie and you have sound. Anytime the starting play point is in the first slideshow the second slide show is silent.

I've created disc's after step 6 and 10 and the resulting DVD has no sound during the duration of slideshow 2.

Jeff
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Followed your instructions, had great difficulty in creating the 2nd set but got there in the end, saved and exited.
Relaunched PD7, opened saved project, sound plays in both sets, even when played from any position within set 1.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Just as a follow up, the problem I had was getting 5 images into the 2nd set, the best I could achieve was 2. it stated 5 images selected but only 2 used. So how did you manage to get as far as you did? Have talked with Dafydd on this and he managed to get 1 image in, it's a BUG, Dafydd has reported it to Cyberlink

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Well that was a bit of fun. Robert and I had a bit of fun trying to replicate this issue.

With the result on the second part of Jeff's bit producing for me a one image slideshow with 4 unused photos.

Music was fine.

I have passed the bug report onto CyberLink. Jeff, keep up the good bug reports they are spot on - really good reporting.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have carried out additional testing with Robert, we've found the selected mp3 will vary the results. We have been able to replicate the same results on our PC's by choosing the same audio files.

This has been reported to CyberLink and the mp3's provided.

Dafydd
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for giving it a try, sorry about the gymnastics. I repeated the same issue with different mp3 files, different slideshow selections, and different pics so I didn't think it was sensitive to much.

Try this, for the music, use a CL file, C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Styles\Party\Party.mp3. I did the split at near 10:00 seconds again, 10:02 to be exact. It would be nice if one could type in lead in/out values but apparently you can't and have to use the slider.

With the above and the previous steps, I get all 5 pics used in both slideshows. My second show just has no audio.

Dafydd, I'll send you the pds file since it's small.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did either of you try it with the Party.mp3 from the PD7 directory tree? If so, does your audio work fine? Either way I'd like to know so I can start looking deeper on my computer for sound issues if I need to. I find it very suprising that after I initially create it, it plays fine but not after a save and open. That makes it appear more like a PD7 issue.

Thanks
Jeff
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Yes I did try your music clip and it plays without problem through both sets.
Still unable to get more than one image in the 2nd set, definitely a bug.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit

PDtoots
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.

I found I could put a color board of 00:00:00:02 duration, smallest allowed by PD7, between the two slideshows and then viola, music plays straight through in both clips (just the minor 00:02 dead space). I'd still say definitely something funny with the audio in PD7 when doing this.

I also tried the above 00:00:00:02 color board in my real project and it works their too. I burnt a DVD and it plays fine too. Save, close and reopen project and all is good.

Jeff