Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Production plays fine in Cyberlink, choppy or jittery in W Media Player
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a bit confused about playback.

Being in the middle of my massive 'save the 1960s home movies' project, I don't want to produce a hundred hours of movie for it not to be watchable on Windows Media Player, as that is sort of the basic media player for most of the family.

When I produce, I make two copies, one is an Mpeg 2 DVD copy, and the other is H264 AVC copy. as the original clips are from my video camera at 50i, and around 15.5 mbps I'm choosing the 25i 16mbps option when producing in AVCHD.

The results are great, but when I check playback, the Mpeg 2 production plays perfectly in windows media player, but the avchd copy is choppy and jittery.
This playback problem does not occur when played back through Cyberlink Powerdirector, nor does it happen through Power DVD.
I am not able to use svrt in many of these productions as there are enhancements (such as a mask to tidy up edges of the Std 8 movie) throughout the entire thing. However, I uncheck video preview always, and have hardware accelaration still on.

Does anyone have any insights into why WMP seems to play back my AVCHD productions jittery. A little confused, it doesn't happen all the time, I wonder what I might have checked or unchecked or done to make a few jittery on WMP and others not, and why the Mpeg 2 ones are fine, where the AVCHD ones are sometimes not.

I would like to have all of my productions available to watch on WMP, its so much easier. Jenny
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps a WMV profile would be better suited to WMP. It's a solid choice with a good number of profiles. You can make your own, too, but it's much more difficult than the other formats. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Barry, thanks. But I've never had problems with WMP before, just only with some cyberlink productions.
I always play all my avchd home movies and 50p on WMP, and also have played many of my cyberlink productions with no issues, but just sometimes, as is the case just now, I have a production that won't play smoothly. I'd love to know why. Jenny
CadillacKyle85 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2013 22:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I was having the same problem with mine and after I was searching the internet for an answer, I found that wmp uses a lot of things on your computer, so when you try to play an HD large file video, its tough for it to handle. Download VLC media Player. That's what I use now. Much more stable. No more sluggish video. Let me know if that works for you!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You might check the Hardware acceleration setting in Windows Medial Player.

To get to the Option, Start WMP Click Organize > Options.

[Thumb - Windows Media Play hardware acceleration.PNG]
 Filename
Windows Media Play hardware acceleration.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
HA in Windows Media Player
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
259 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2013 12:46

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.