Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Crop Function
James73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2013 15:58 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
This is really a message to the programming group responsible for the development of PowerDirector. I downloaded and tested the latest version of the program to see if the video cropping problem has finally been addressed. Specifically, the program has always limited the insertion of key frames in close proximity to each other in long video clips. In long videos, one may have to wait 30 seconds of running time to insert a new key frame. This limitation makes absolutely no sense and precludes brief zoom ins and outs. The only solution is to split a long clip, which I do not wish to do.

I would love to upgrade to a new version of PowerDirector, but am not prepared to do so until this simple issue has been resolved. Would someone in the programming group please advise if this is being addressed and whether a patch can be prepared to rectify the issue.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This is really a message to the programming group responsible for the development of PowerDirector. I downloaded and tested the latest version of the program to see if the video cropping problem has finally been addressed. Specifically, the program has always limited the insertion of key frames in close proximity to each other in long video clips. In long videos, one may have to wait 30 seconds of running time to insert a new key frame. This limitation makes absolutely no sense and precludes brief zoom ins and outs. The only solution is to split a long clip, which I do not wish to do.

I would love to upgrade to a new version of PowerDirector, but am not prepared to do so until this simple issue has been resolved. Would someone in the programming group please advise if this is being addressed and whether a patch can be prepared to rectify the issue.

Hi James,
I can understand your desire to add keyframes in video crop close together. I don't understand your reluctance to use the Split function to define a smaller clip to edit. For example,
1. you can Split a clip to display 30 seconds of video.
2. The Split in the track has no detrimental effect on a video
3. If you then decide to apply Video crop to start at 5 seconds in and finish 5 seconds before the end, the zoom in/out can be completed easily and no key frame placement problems* occur.

I agree the Crop Video feature lacks the ability to expand the track display down to frame level, I will pass on your suggestion to CyberLink.

Forum Moderator