Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning DVD's
studiokeef
Newbie Location: Morecambe England Joined: Jul 07, 2012 02:39 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I am having problems burning DVD's
Powerdirector 10 on a WIN8 computer, refuses to write any DVD's - just falls over after 10%
Powerdirector 7 - trial version was working but now does not render audio. Audio waveform is not showing any more in the time line but I have made no changes to preferences ie. 'Show waveform in timeline' is still checked.
What can you suggest?

I did try to raise a support ticket but the support site I cannot submit a support request

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2013 11:44

Eventually, computers will become reliable.
studiokeef
Newbie Location: Morecambe England Joined: Jul 07, 2012 02:39 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
The problem appears to be getting worse.
In the free version of Powerdirector running in XP.
When I try to load any media, it gets to 100% and then the load window freezes.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The problem appears to be getting worse.
In the free version of Powerdirector running in XP.
When I try to load any media, it gets to 100% and then the load window freezes.

So what free version are you talking about?

The current Trial version is Powerdirector 12.
Trial versions of Powerdirector do not do H.264 video on Windows XP. (No Codec).
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

studiokeef
[Post New]
The trial version is Powerdirector 7, as mentioned in the first post.
This has been working fine on an XP computer for quite some time although I have only started burning CD's recently.

Trial versions of Powerdirector do not do H.264 video on Windows XP. (No Codec).
Not sure what you mean by this.
I used the trial version for quite some time and was impressed with it.
I upgraded to a purchased version 10 on another XP machine and could not get it to work.
It couldn't find the capture source and various other problems.
I recently purchased a new computer with WIN8 on it and gave version 10 another go. The editing software works fine but as mentioned in the original post, it attempts to burn a CD but locks up after 10%.

I could burn the few DVD's I do, on the XP machine but that too has stopped rendering audio on productions and is now unable to load media.

I have contacted the company's support section but have so far received no response. Eventually, computers will become reliable.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector 7 has no more support. It is several years old. The latest version of Powerdirector is 12.
I do not know if PD 7 will work on Windows 8. Windows 8 did not exist then.

There is a trial you can try.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html

Be sure to read the Limitations.

There can be several reasons why your computer cannot burn DVDs.

Part A and Part B:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

studiokeef
[Post New]
Thanks, I will have a read when I get a moment.
I would want to use the v10 on the WIN8 machine but priority is getting some production completed before Christmas, hence opting to use the system which works - well it used to work Eventually, computers will become reliable.
studiokeef
[Post New]
I have some DVD's I want to produce for Christmas and would like to get these done ASAP so with your help, I will try to get v10 working.
I have never been able to write DVDs from v10 hence why I used my v7 trial, on a separate computer - I am mystified why that should suddenly stop working unless the trial version only allows a limited number of DVDs to be burnt.

FYI
PowerDirector Ultra 10.0.0.2231
SR Number VDE121029-09

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic File
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
230 time(s)
Carl312
[Post New]
Your video driver is over a year old.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Driver Date/Size: 8/28/2012 13:41:22, 1112064 bytes

I have some DVD's I want to produce for Christmas and would like to get these done ASAP so with your help, I will try to get v10 working.
I have never been able to write DVDs from v10 hence why I used my v7 trial, on a separate computer - I am mystified why that should suddenly stop working unless the trial version only allows a limited number of DVDs to be burnt.

If you have the original install files, I suggest that you reinstall Powerdirector 10.

There is no reason for DVD burning to not work on Windows 8. Have you burned any DVDs on your Burner other that trying with Powerdirector? Does the Burner work?

Have you tried to burn a DVD folder only in the Create Disk Module?

Uncheck Burn Disk, Check Burn Disk Folder.
If you get a successful folder, you can burn the folder to an actual disk with disk burning software.
There is plenty of free disk burning software available.