Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Setting timeline markers
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to set a timeline marker exactly where the scrubber is? So far as I can tell, you can only set a timeline marker where the mouse cursor is. You can then try to move it to where the scrubber is, but since it goes behind the scrubber that's really hard to do.

When creating a marker, you can't manually edit its position in the popup window, either.

As always, I might have missed something. Jerry Schwartz
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to set a timeline marker exactly where the scrubber is?

See if this helps...

Expand the timeline, then rest the pointer on the white arrow just above the scrubber. Do not click.
A green vertical line appears, in line with the scrubber. Right-click and "add timeline marker."

[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
270 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2013 20:28

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]

Just use "Shift + M", puts marker at current scrubber position. Use timecode under preview window for precise placement.

Jeff
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Just use "Shift + M", puts marker at current scrubber position. Use timecode under preview window for precise placement.

Jeff

Dynamite, thanks!

I always seem to forget the keyboard shortcuts in PD. Jerry Schwartz