Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Nvidia driver is causing PD 11 render problems, so roll back !
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Just to advise all PD11 + Nvidia users to roll back or download an earlier driver If you are experiencing rendering issues.

Nvidia link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Which driver version are you having a problem with? I personally use AMD/ATI, but others may find this helpful. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Jamie,

I believe it to be in reference to this thread,
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30889.page.

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Which driver version are you having a problem with? I personally use AMD/ATI, but others may find this helpful.

Hi Jaime a very good point.

My problems started way back in Sept/Oct 2013 when Nvidia introduced the 331 series of drivers. The latest version ( November 19th 2013 vers# 331.93 ) made my PD11 Ultimate, unusable!

As PD11 was introduced early on, I decided to go back to a driver that may have been around at the time of it's conception. I picked the earliest driver on the Nvidia list and went for driver version 310.90.

I'm pleased to report that PD 11 Ultimate now works on my PC

Cheers
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
This is a known issue with the latest Nvidia drivers and PD at the moment.

Roll back to working Nvidia driver 331.58 and use the latest update patch that PD 11 has out. See link: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_CA.html

There are currently beta patches being worked on and tested out with fixes for the latest Nvidia drivers and PD 12. (See PD 12 support Forums.) So hopefully the official patch fix gets released soon for both versions of PD 11 & 12 (and any other PD version this affects.)

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: This is a known issue with the latest Nvidia drivers and PD at the moment.

Roll back to working Nvidia driver 331.58 and use the latest update patch that PD 11 has out. See link: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_CA.html

There are currently beta patches being worked on and tested out with fixes for the latest Nvidia drivers and PD 12. (See PD 12 support Forums.) So hopefully the official patch fix gets released soon for both versions of PD 11 & 12 (and any other PD version this affects.)

Rob

Hi RobAC
I had already downloaded the latest Cyberlink patch even though it states its for Win 8 users. BUT Nvidia driver version 331.58 was the very start of my problems!
I'll just wait till the next patch is born.
Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2013 11:38

Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to PD12 and the beta patch fixed my issues. Annoying having to spend money but I couldn't wait and rolling back the Nvidia driver is not an option for me as I play games and need the latest and greatest
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: I upgraded to PD12 and the beta patch fixed my issues. Annoying having to spend money but I couldn't wait and rolling back the Nvidia driver is not an option for me as I play games and need the latest and greatest

Hi Mau1wurf1977
I now must admit to having just upgraded to PD12, I took the Black Friday offer! Having downloaded the new patch and continued to work with the OLD Nvidia (310.90.. we are talking January 2013) driver.
PD 12 worked really well, so well in fact I decided to "risk it" and download the 331.93 Nvidia driver. I'm pleased to report that PD12 has continued to work BUT now my PD 11 has gone back to render, render all the time!
It made me think ... I haven't been using PD 12 that long but I could see no difference in PD 12s performance while using either of the Nvidia drivers ( apart from PD 11s performance).
So because I don't use my PC for gaming I just might roll back to the old driver.
Why would you do that ?.... I hear someone ask.
Well then, going through the Particle Room and the PIP Objects Room, there are none of the older versions of plugins available that would run on any of the older versions of PD, just the new bits n'pieces! I do like the latest Festive goodies though, quite brilliant they are.
Anyone any ideas ....Ummm maybe I should start a new post!
Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2013 15:41

BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm... Methinks Cyberlink is hanging back on releasing a driver for PD 11 in order to coerce... er... "encourage" its customers to upgrade to PD 12. Questionable tactics to say the least. I see the "Black Friday" sale is still on, but I'm just stubborn enough to hang onto PD 11 until the cows come home, as it does what I want it to do right now and I have no reason to upgrade my NVidia drivers.

Leaves a bad taste in my craw, though. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
JACK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2010 17:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
powerdirector 11 and Nvidia driver.

I need to use the latest nvidia drivers for other programs.
But I can't use powerdirector without using the older driver.

There is an official response and patch on the PD12 thread, but nothing here.
So is ver 11 still supported or what?

hello....
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hmmm... Methinks Cyberlink is hanging back on releasing a driver for PD 11 in order to coerce... er... "encourage" its customers to upgrade to PD 12. Questionable tactics to say the least. I see the "Black Friday" sale is still on, but I'm just stubborn enough to hang onto PD 11 until the cows come home, as it does what I want it to do right now and I have no reason to upgrade my NVidia drivers.

Leaves a bad taste in my craw, though.

Hi BillyR ... it's good to be stubborn, you hang in there. There is at least one new tool in PD 12 that I felt would help reduce my edit time. It's the multicam facility. I sometimes have to use up to 3 cameras to cover art/painting demonstrations.

Keep smiling

Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: powerdirector 11 and Nvidia driver.

I need to use the latest nvidia drivers for other programs.
But I can't use powerdirector without using the older driver.

There is an official response and patch on the PD12 thread, but nothing here.
So is ver 11 still supported or what?

hello....

Hi Jack
Guess I'm lucky as the software I'm using appears to work I've now rolled back to the old Nvidia drivers, both PD 11 & PD 12 are now working.
We'll just have to keep a look out on the forum for updates.
Fingers crossed, we'll all get a Cyberlink Christmas present about driver updates.

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.