Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Duration Help
apocalypsesrt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2013 10:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I cant change the duration of a title to run for 2 minutes and some change. By default its like 6 seconds and i am doing some closing credits for a football team where i display the kids names one by one. The closes i got was dragging the title down to the timeline and modifying the duration by right clicking it but the title itslef still only runs for 6 second and loops. Where am i going wrong here? Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

You didn't mention what motion effects you had applied, or how many names are included. Which title template did you use?

What's looping? Are the names repeating themselves? or is it title containing a built in animation?

With that information, others could test to see where the issue might be.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
If I understand right, you will use a text block with two minutes often, use, Copy / Paste, is good practice, In PD12.
The text saved to the library, always defaults to time (10s.) this can be changed

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2013 11:30

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
apocalypsesrt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the late reply, I am using about 25 names. I opened a custom title and tailored it using the ending effect "rotate out". The way i added the names was by using the "insert title" button, double clicking and adding the name. They are all laid out on top of each other but i separated them on when they start using the timeline. The problem is that the timeline is only 10 seconds long and i need this process to last a bit over 2 minutes.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

I think there's a much easier way to do what you want... that is to make a separate title for each name, instead of trying to add 25 titles into one. That is very difficult to get the timing right!

The ease of this is that you can format one - cop & paste - and the rest will be exactly the same.

Attached video explains.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Title Duration.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1479 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
apocalypsesrt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks tony. I would actually think it would be easier to do the opposite because i have to now create 25 separate titles and open each one individually to change the name. I am probably going to do this but in the case of efficiency and time i still think that PD has a problem with increasing the length of 1 title scene past 10 seconds. Thanks for all your help gentlemen.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
What Tony shows is the more precise way of doing this timing wise.

Another way is to break up the names you want using less titles on the timeline.
Put 10 names in one Title block, 10 in another and then 5 in the third one.
Or else for more timing precision: 5,5,5,5,5 (five Title sets with five names in each.)

This way you only have 3 or 5 title blocks instead of 25 separate ones.
The timing issue will be greatly reduced too.

Rob PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be