Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Surround sound and Stereo on the same disc
nic6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2013 11:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to have two audio tracks on the same bluray disc, for example on a music compilation disc which when burnt is to be copied and played on various systems I would like there to be a choice of either surround sound or stereo depending on what playback equipment is available.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Each video can have only one audio track. One option is to produce it both ways and put both videos on the disc, if there is room. I believe you can also use surround sound and the playback system will play in stereo if surround is not supported. Someone may correct me on that, but that is how I understand it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is it possible to have two audio tracks on the same bluray disc?

It's been my experience that correctly encoded surround sound will be decoded to two-channel stereo on competent stereo-only players. So I concur with Jaime-esque.

On players that have multiple decoding options, appropriate decoding may occur automatically ... and the user may have manual choices as is the case here in a home theater system.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 00:38

nic6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2013 11:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks