Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2321
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2321
Testing continues, previous thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30766.page

From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2321

[Updates]
1. Improves bitrate and channel information detection for Dolby Digital Plus.
2. Improves program stability when using the Magic Movie Wizard and Slideshow Creator.
3. Resolves the issue of inserted images disappearing when switching to Root menu from Titles/Chapters/Subtitles menu.
4. Resolves the issue where produced MPEG-4 videos using the H.264 codec (high profile type) cannot be uploaded to YouTube.
5. Resolves the issue where some characters cannot be typed in the Menu Designer.
6. Resolves program crash issue when producing video with the Memory Field template.
7. Resolves the issue of block artifacts in 3D produced videos.
8. Resolves the unexpected crash issue reported by the CyberLink Issue Reporter when burning discs.
9. Improves program compatibility with Pixelan CreativeEase and FilmTouch plug-ins in the Menu Designer.
10.. Resolves the fixed preview window size issue with Pixelan plug-ins.

Download here:
Go to new beta thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30914.page

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 29. 2013 05:03

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
...CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

Why doesn't Cyberlink test it themselves and let their customers know when it's ready? Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Niel,
I guess the PD team doesn't have access to a lot of computer configurations..where as the Forum" members each has a unique system and thus give a broader testing ground...
as you are aware from the # of post to get Pd to work on members system.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
I actually like this new beta quick release structure.

It would be better to have beta testing done before final release of the main prgm- as James hinted at above, there are so many different systems and configurations that not everything will work correctly for everyone. This is the next best thing.

This is addressing and resolving multiple issues that users are experiencing in a quick manner; rather than seeming to be doing nothing in the background and ignoring them. A lot of tweaks, fixes and even some new features are being added which is a bonus. PD isn't perfect- but at least something is being done about it right now.

So everyone who has an issue- bring them up in the forums and most importantly *keep contacting tech support*, get those support tickets filed !! (Remember tech support do not use these forums, mostly regular users who volunteer their time to help others.)

The squeaky wheels are getting some much needed grease.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
In the not too distant past senior editors were selected by Cyberlink to beta test the app BEFORE release. Although it did not guarantee error free operation it did at least afford more effective feedback (?) to Cyberlink. But, perhaps not. And that may be the reason for this new approach. AMD (ATI) has used this format for their beta releases of the video drivers/apps for several years. It also failed to minimize app issues. Many ATI users of this forum can attest to that.

Without any incentives most serious users would skip the beta. Techie nerds go for it ! Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Most of the tech companies provide beta stuff to end users, it's a trend and it's a good one.

just like I always use beta driver for my VGA, I would be happy if beta patch could fix my bug ASAP and I don't really care it has been fully tested or not, after all, a big video editing software is impossible to be "fully" tested

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2013 01:43

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Patch resolved an issue I had opening a test mkv file I downloaded.
I downloaded it to test an issue some seemed to have with paying Blue Ray with Windows 8.1 so maybe those that had that issue (if they read this) can try the patch.
I can't find the thread atm so am posting here. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
The error that I posted here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29997.page
Not been solved yet. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Check out the lastest Beta:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30914.page
Forum Moderator