Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Missing Create Disk Pref option in Menu
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PDR7 V1714

From the PDR7 Users Guide

The following options are available under the Menu tab:
• Enable video thumbnail: ......
• Auto menu time-out: .....
• Return to menu after playing a chapter: Select this option to
have your disc return to the main menu after a selected chapter
is played back.

Oddly enough, the last option "Return to menu after playing a chapter" is not available in my version. See attached clip.

Do others have the option in their PD7 menu?

Thanks
Jeff
[Thumb - menu.jpg]
 Filename
menu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Missing menu item
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Good spot. I have referred your posting and confirmed your findings

Dafydd
Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
No - I don´t find it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2008 05:06

Viele Gruesse Georg
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd

There are several more, on page 98 of the manual the graphic screen capture of the Menu Designer has a nice "Apply to all pages" check box in the lower left corner. A very nice feature but my version of PD7 is missing that nice feature.

Also on the same graphic, the Go to: box shows "Disc Menu". Not sure what that is, I've got no such item in mine.

Page 99 discuss the Modify Menu Text and says
"To edit text that appears on the menu page, including clickable chapter
text, double-click it in the Menu Designer, and then enter the new text."
I can't edit any text by double-click, not the My Videos or Item 1 text on the Main Page, Chapter Page or Subtitles Page.

I've spent 3 days playing with the Creating Discs section and have yet to produce a custom template that the menu works when played in a DVD player. I got fairly close by hacking on the xml and files in the C:\.......\CyberLink\Custom Menus\2.5 areas. It appears the canned templates do work, they are just not what I need.

It would also be nice if we could salvage our Custom Menus from the old ....\Custom Menus\2.0 from PD6. It appears the files and structure/format have changed significnatly. PD6 all thrown in one area, for PD7 each custom template gets it's own Menu_xxx folder. Possibly a better idea but we need some method of migration from PD6 to PD7.

Thanks

Jeff
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the information. The Return to the menu feature was removed from the program at the last minute due to a burning issue. It is supposed to be returned to PDR in a later patch update release.

The screen shot you pointed out is old and should have been updated before the release. I am not sure why the Apply All was removed. Also, you can edit the text in the main Create Disc window, but you can change the colo, font style, size, etc. in the Menu Designer.

Hope that helps

Thanks
David