Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 DVD Menu Highlight Bug?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 v1714

1) Drag the Aquarium to the time line 3 times
2) Add chapter breaks at the beginning of each Aquarium
3) Enter create disc mode and select new in the template area
4) Leave the main page as is and go to the chapter page
5) Use the add button to add a total of 3 chapter buttons
6) Set button effects frame to the wanted poster looking border
7) Set highlight of buttons to be the red oval
Hit the ok and save template
9) Preview and menus appear fine in PD7 preview mode
10) Burn to DVD

My burned video shows no highlights on the main page "play all" or "chapters" menus. If chapters menu is selected, the chapters page shows no highlights on any of the 3 chapters to see what chapter is selected. I've tried playing on two DVD players and both show the same results. I've also tried to Produce the video and then burn with another application and this yields the same results, no menu highlights. A bug? I also tried playing the burned DVD on the computer with WMP and this too has no menu highlights.

Additionally, when one is modifying a template and you use the OK button at the bottom of the edit window, one needs to always enter a name for the user defined template. I'm simply modifying my existing template. Do I constantly have to name it for every little tweak I make? Oddly if I enter the same name as the template that I'm modifying, I simply get another template with the same name in the custom menu template area. A very annoying feature!

I was looking for big improvements in the DVD menu creation area for PD7 from PD6 and I think I’d have to say that currently I’m not very impressed.

Is the above sequence of events in PD7 successful for others?

Jeff

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the pleasure of reading a report written by Jeff. CyberLink were really pleased to have received it. Thank you Jeff. The issues you highlighted are being looked at and actioned.

Dafydd
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2008 22:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Any resolution of this issue yet? In preview mode under create disk the "Play" and "Chapter" menu items highlight and the same with the chapter menues, but when I burn to disk (or to a dvd folder) there is no highlighting on the final disk. The buttons work you just can't tell which one is selected.
ChicagoFrank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Chicago, Illinois Joined: Dec 12, 2008 14:50 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just purchased PD7 Ultra 7.00.2227c and am experiencing the same problem. The menus work on the burned DVD, but you have to navigate them blindly because they do not highlight.

Hope there is a fix soon to this otherwise excellent software!!!!!

Frank
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Frank,

Look at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4388.page#16829

I provided step by step instructions on how to get around the issue.

Jeff
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes checking Enable Video Thumbnails helps with this.

Robert
ChicagoFrank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Chicago, Illinois Joined: Dec 12, 2008 14:50 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks gentlemen, I'll check into it . . . just got a response from Tech support too!

I've seen reports on the web as Cyberlink being slow at this . . . so far I'm pleased with their rapid response!

Frank
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2008 23:58 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I ran into the same problem with modifying menus.

Every time I made a chnage, say change the background image, I have to rename. Also when I entered the same name as a previous one, it PD7 still created a new one with the same name.

The other thing I noticed is that, even though I change the background music on the template, if I modify the menu and then save as another one, the background music goes back to the original background song that was there by default on the PD7 menu I modified.

ChicagoFrank [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff,

That solved the problem . . . my menus highlight now.

It's funny, I received an email from Tech support giving me a link to download the latest version . . . build 2206.
However, I had just purchased the program on line and have version 7.00.2227 . . . Do they really want me to go to and earlier version????

Frank
ChicagoFrank [Avatar]
[Post New]
John,

I have found that everytime I use the "Modify Design" window and save it, I have to re-enter any changes to text or music that I had made on the "Author" page of the create disc menu . . . Remember, in the "Modify" window, you are only working on a template, and when finished, that same Template is reloaded without the text or music changes you had made.

Cyberlink needs to address these issues so that menu design goes alot smoother.

Frank
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
John,

The music is a hassle, but you can do this at your own risk.
1) Go to the menu directory, C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus\2.5\
2) Open then Menu_xxx folder that you just saved, (sort by date as they have a numerical index but if you deleted a template it will back fill that index when you create a different template)
3) Open the Audio folder, if the template had music this folder should contain two files, the music file and a std_music.xml file
4) Copy your desired music file to this folder
5) Edit the std_music.xml file and replace the string in the file that says NAME="xxxxx.xxx" with the name of your music file
6) Open PD7 and try your disc menu

Again, a work around but it should do the job. Probably not how PD7 was intended to be used so edit the xml at your own risk!

Jeff