Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burn won't complete
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I hate to bring up this old problem, but a search of this forum didn't turn up any threads for PD12.

Quite simply, PD12 doesn't finish burning my video. If I'm making a coaster, it stalls at 63%; if I'm making a virtual coaster (folder), it stalls at 66%.

I tried it with and without hardware acceleration on.

I'm using build 12.0.2230.0 of PD12 Ultra.

I've attached a zip file containing my dxdiag, and screen captures of the burning module display, properties of the elements of my project, and my preferences.

The source videos are the converted ARF files referred to in my post at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30745.page#168856
 Filename
JSWontBurn.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Captures
 Filesize
897 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
371 time(s)
 Filename
JerrySdxdiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
375 time(s)
Jerry Schwartz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry,
Can you produce these video to Mpeg2 = 720x480?

The frame size of 1024x768 and the frame rate (5fps) is a problem. Your computer may simply be running out of resources. Try a clip by clip conversion to mpeg and see what happens.

Dafydd
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm on the track of a possible solution, but turning an ARF into a WMV is so time consuming that I won't be sure for a few days.

I was working with two clips, which would just about fill a DVD. As I said, the render never finished. I figured I might as well try to do them one at a time, and Lo! the first clip burnt to a folder in about 10 minutes. I tried the second clip, and it never got past 15%.

I think I used two different options when I did the conversions: one is "normal", and the other uses a technique optimized for slide presentations where there is little if any motion. I think the second technique yielded the troublesome WMV.

I think that PD12 should be able to handle any old WMV, but evidently that might not be true.

More later... Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
I determined that it was the actual WMVs that were causing the problem. The ARF (should be BARF) -> WMV converter makes a real hash of things, especially when in "screen" mode (used for slideshows).

By redoing the conversions I was able to "burn" folders in about 10 minutes per WMV.

Unfortunately, when I use P2G to create physical DVDs I wound up with disks that would play fine on my PC but were not recognized by my Blu-ray player. I started a thread in the P2G forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30832.page, but I haven't seen a response yet.

If anyone here has any suggestions, I'm all eyes. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
Apparently in Preferences... General, the timeline frame rate was set to PAL. Jerry Schwartz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Apparently in Preferences... General, the timeline frame rate was set to PAL.

How annoying.... Ummm I wonder if a location error occurred, yours being" New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston)" as Britain's in a PAL zone, ha ha

Thanks Jerry for posting/identifying the issue.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 14:54