Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colorimeter vs Printer Profile.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I have been getting some washed out prints of the images edited with PhotoDirector 5. I haven't done a direct comparison between V4 and V5 but I think that V4 was closer to what I saw on my monitor.

Should I look at setting the color profile of my monitor or the color profile of my Epson Artisen 835 printer to get the color to near what the monitor shows? Where will I get more bang for the settings?

I have an old Spyder device that sets the color profile of my monitor. I haven't used it in awhile. I think it still works.

I have never played around with the printer profile. Any suggestions?

Edit. After doing more research, I was able to find that I could turn off any color adjustments on my printer. The control button was hidden. Aparently I was making adjustments on the image using PhotoDirector and when I sent it to my printer, it was making more (unwanted) adjustments.

I did dig out my Spyder colorimeter and adjusted my monitor. It was way out of adjustment. I haven't yet tried printing again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2013 08:26

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello Steve,

I'm glad you were able to dig around to locate the cause and adjust your settings. I don't print photos from home (I don't have a dedicated photo printer), so I wouldn't have been able to offer any direct experience.

A friend has a new Canon Pixma Pro9000, but tells me it's quite useless for text printing. It's a dedicated photo printer & does an amazing job. My all-purpose machine is a serious compromise!

I've not heard of the Spyder device you mentioned. How does that work? I've only ever calibrated monitors through the PC/GPU control panels.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Steve,

Don't worry about my question regarding the Spyder. I've just done the reading & viewing I should have done before asking.

This is becoming an expensive thread! Dedicated photo printers and colorimeters. The mental budget is stretched.

PIX PIX YouTube channel