Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MultiCam audio tracks
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I installed PD12 last night. My main reason for upgrading was to have the MultiCam feature.

I made a project last night using three camera tracks. Thanks to some YT tutorials I quickly was able to use the feature. However I have an issue that I need to get more info about.

In the MultiCam editor, I see how I can select only one audio track (Camera 1, Camera 2, etc) as a 'master' for audio analysis for synchro. Then I 'record' my clips and click 'OK' and it creates a video and inserts it into the main timeline.

But it only has one audio track. How do I alternate the audio tracks? I expected that when I was selecting clips during the Record process that it would not only select the video, but would also select the associated audio track. It did not do this.

Is there a function, toggle, switch, etc that I need to enable to do this?

Thanks! ~Tom~
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
The MC module seems to have been designed to synch up 4 video tracks with reference to a master audio. This master audio can be any of the camera audios but can also be an imported audio – perhaps from a direct feed from a sound board or a studio. It is worth noting that its main criteria is to synch up video tracks to a single audio track.

From then on, it becomes more of a mixing desk which allows mixed camera cuts but still hung off a single master audio. There is no way to mix the audio as well. This results in a mixed video track synched to the master audio track as an editable video in the main timeline.

However, in this tutorial -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtJDjjq8nA&feature=share&list=UU7hIdJ-WxMntopk-3uNTXuQ
I show how to get the synched video tracks in their entirety into different timelines in the main interface.

For simplicity I kept to the main design principle and each video is transferred with a copy of the master audio.

However, with the addition of an extra step, I believe that each video track can be synched and transferred with its own audio track, although I haven’t tested this exhaustively so ……………

The extra step is as follows :
When the next camera track is selected to record the end snippet, also change the audio source to that camera and that then takes the matching audio into the main timeline.

This will only make sense after viewing the tutorial!

I believe you will then end up with all four cameras synched together, in their own tracks, but each with their own audio, ready for a more traditional approach to editing the tracks.

Maybe the next version will add more sophistication as a result of feedback??

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for the response. I watched your video and it is a lot of work for a dummy like me.

I did try adding a single track to the timeline along with the created MultiCam video. And then unlinking the audio in the hopes I could split it at certain times and substitute that audio for the master created in the MC version. PD12 would not cooperate in this effort however. ~Tom~
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, sadly it isn't the neatest workaround and one would need to be committed to want to bother going to the effort but at least it's possible, so it might save the day in some circumstances.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.