Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD13 has trouble with mono audio on BDs?
[Post New]
In my installation of PowerDVD 13 Ultra, there are four audio options: Stereo: Dolby Surrond Compatible Downmix; Dolby Virtual Speaker or TrueTheatre Surround.

With Blu-rays that have mono audio, only the first two options work. I use TrueTheatre Surround by default, but if I play a BD that's mono through it, then there is no audio (it's silent) until I switch the audio to one of the first two options.

Why can the two higher settings not play mono, such as Dolby Digital 1.0, or simple stereo Like Dolby Digfital 2.0? Shouldn't they be backwardly compatible?

Examples of Blu-ray discs I have trouble with (all of these have audio as Dolby Digital 1.0) :
- The Searchers
- Jason and the Argonauts
- The Adventures of Robin Hood [the Errol Flynn version]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2013 11:23

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Branais,
thanks for highlighting this issue - I have forwarded it to our team for further investigation.

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
Many thanks. I appreciate your response. ;
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
Any word on this from the team, please?