Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MP3 Audio will not play on PD10
[Post New]
Ok, so I made an MP3 of a certain track on a CD. It plays ok on Windows Media Player AND Quick Time Player AND Nero Showtime but when I add it to an audio track on PD10 it shows just a straight line and when the timeline is played there is no music.

I also tried converting it to a WAV file with the exact same result - no audio in PD10.

I then tried to download the same track from free download sites but this sent my virus software into overdrive!

Does anyone have any insight into this problem please? Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, so I made an MP3 of a certain track on a CD. It plays ok on Windows Media Player AND Quick Time Player AND Nero Showtime but when I add it to an audio track on PD10 it shows just a straight line and when the timeline is played there is no music.

I also tried converting it to a WAV file with the exact same result - no audio in PD10.

I then tried to download the same track from free download sites but this sent my virus software into overdrive!

Does anyone have any insight into this problem please?

What did you use to convert the MP3 file with?

Did the converted WAV file play in Windows Media Player?

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Carl,

Hi. I'm sure it was this free online system - http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_convert_wma_to_mp3

Thanks,

Phil. Phil

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

[Post New]
Carl,

Sorry - no, the WAV file will not play in the Windows Media Player.

I also have an MP3 made by iMesh which plays in Media Player but not in PD10

It shows several MB in the file so there is definitely something there. Well, after all it plays in Media Player (plus two other players!) so it stands to reason there is music there.

Cheers,

Phil. Phil

PD14 Ultra

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Phil, What audio card do you have and are the drivers up to date? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Did you convert a WMA audio file to MP3?

There are better file converters for free that you can have on your computer.
Look for Format Factory. Just one of the many file converters.

If your original audio file was a WMA, why convert?
Powerdirector 10 will handle a WMA audio file just fine.

WMA is one of the preferred audio formats. MP3 is known to have problems in Powerdirector.
Preferred audio is WAV or WMA.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Carl,

I converted it because when I tried to import it to the Library of PD10 it brought up a window that said "! An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different format." Then it gives the location trail for that audio (not video) track on my computer.

So I converted it to another format.

But maybe it is protected. However, when I have tried to rip protected tracks from CD's before it won't let you!

What I can't understand is that these MP3 and WMA files all play on at least three different players and show a content in the megabytes range.

Looks more like it can be listened to but has a code in it stopping it from being used to make a video. Phil

PD14 Ultra

[Post New]
Quote: Phil, What audio card do you have and are the drivers up to date?

Steve,

Realtek High Definition Audio.

Some time ago I was alerted that something was available to be updated on the audio thing and when I went ahead and did that it stuffed everything up big time so I reversed the process.

I have no idea whatsoever if the drivers are up to date. Judging by my past experience they probably aren't.

Phil Phil

PD14 Ultra

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Carl,

I converted it because when I tried to import it to the Library of PD10 it brought up a window that said "! An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different format." Then it gives the location trail for that audio (not video) track on my computer.

It is possible that it was a downloaded file that is protected. Many files have copyright protection built in.