Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Analog Video PD12
Dangerruss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2013 19:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have no issues capturing analog video with my current set up with PD10. I recently upgraded to PD12 and can no longer capture analog video. Sound comes through ... just no video. I still have PD10 installed on my computer and went back and verified and I can still capture video using PD10. Why can't I capture analog video with PD12?

Thanks,
Russ
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have no issues capturing analog video with my current set up with PD10. I recently upgraded to PD12 and can no longer capture analog video. Sound comes through ... just no video. I still have PD10 installed on my computer and went back and verified and I can still capture video using PD10. Why can't I capture analog video with PD12?

Thanks,
Russ

What device (analog to digital converter) are you using? Do you have the latest drivers for that device? What is the source of the analog video?

There should be no reason it works in one but not the other. Does everything else work in PD12? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not sure what difference it makes what the input to my computer is. The only thing that is different is PD12.

I am using a DIAMOND VC500 One Touch Video Capture Edit Stream USB 2.0 and a VCR. I am using the S-VHS din output from the VCR for video and the standard red and white RCA plugs for audio.

As I said, with this same setup, it works with PD10, but does not work with PD12. I still have both software versions installed on my computer and can switch back and forth for testing purposes.

Thanks,
Russ
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am not sure what difference it makes what the input to my computer is. The only thing that is different is PD12.

I am using a DIAMOND VC500 One Touch Video Capture Edit Stream USB 2.0 and a VCR. I am using the S-VHS din output from the VCR for video and the standard red and white RCA plugs for audio.

As I said, with this same setup, it works with PD10, but does not work with PD12. I still have both software versions installed on my computer and can switch back and forth for testing purposes.

Thanks,
Russ

In PD 12 have you selected the Video source of S-Video?

Click the Settings Button in the capture module to get this window.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2013 22:17

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have been hunting around for a menu like the snapshot you sent.... but, not sure how to get there to make the change. Can you give me instructions on how to get to the menu you displayed?

Thanks.. I knew it was probably an easy fix.... just can't figure out how to get there to make the change. Where is the settings button?

Thanks,
Russ

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2013 22:47

Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]
Never mind... I found the settings button. Made the mistake thinking it would be at the top in the menu bar. All is well and I am capture analog video from my VCR once again.

THANKS!!!!

Russ
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Never mind... I found the settings button. Made the mistake thinking it would be at the top in the menu bar. All is well and I am capture analog video from my VCR once again.

THANKS!!!!

Russ

You are welcome.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.