Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Denoise during editing makes timeline sluggish
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
When editing clips in .dvr-ms format that I have recorded from Windows Media Center everything works nicely and smoothly until I apply a Denoise correction, after which time the timeline becomes extremely sluggish, i.e. it takes a few seconds for the preview image to catch up with the slider after I move it. This makes it extremely difficult to accurately split out sections of the clip. I have a work-around that works reasonably well but it's pretty time-consuming.
EDIT: This is the Video Denoise correction (As hard as I try to include all the relevant info the first time I always seem to miss something!)

This was the main reason I went to an SSD for my primary hard drive, and although it increased my Windows Experience Index from 5.9 to 7.2, and improved this situation as well as generally speeding up my computer considerably, it's still a bit of a problem. Wonder if anyone knows how to correct this?

My PD 11 Ultra is updated to Version 11.0.0.3230.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2013 12:41

Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When editing clips in .dvr-ms format that I have recorded from Windows Media Center everything works nicely and smoothly until I apply a Denoise correction, after which time the timeline becomes extremely sluggish, i.e. it takes a few seconds for the preview image to catch up with the slider after I move it. This makes it extremely difficult to accurately split out sections of the clip. I have a work-around that works reasonably well but it's pretty time-consuming.
EDIT: This is the Video Denoise correction (As hard as I try to include all the relevant info the first time I always seem to miss something!)

This was the main reason I went to an SSD for my primary hard drive, and although it increased my Windows Experience Index from 5.9 to 7.2, and improved this situation as well as generally speeding up my computer considerably, it's still a bit of a problem. Wonder if anyone knows how to correct this?

My PD 11 Ultra is updated to Version 11.0.0.3230.

Thanks.

Try producing the video after you apply denoise.

Then you can edit that produced video with your speed of response restored.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Try producing the video after you apply denoise.
Thanks for your reply. That's certainly an option, and one I'll use as a last resort. I was hoping for a solution that would avoid producing the video twice, but if there's not one I can go that route. Much obliged. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Keep preview window display resolution lowest PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

BillyR
[Post New]
Quote: Keep preview window display resolution lowest
Thanks for that suggestion. I was already using normal resolution for the preview window to avoid it playing out-of-sync audio with the video, and tried the lowest setting. Unfortunately that didn't make any difference.

So far I have two alternatives for dealing with this--follow Carl's advice and produce the video after denoising and then edit and produce it again or use the procedure I'm using now--edit the video except for denoising and sharpening, edit the audio in Audio Director and then as I split out the unwanted parts denoise and sharpen each segment individually. Kind of a hassle especially since, after editing the audio, I have to delink the audio to further edit the video, but at this stage I prefer to do it that way rather than produce it twice. Have to be real careful to avoid getting the video and audio out of sync when delinking/relinking, though. As I get more practice I may be able to do this quicker, but if I lose patience there's always the other method available. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop