Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jittery when Blu Ray created.
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
After creating a Blu Ray disc from 5 projects I had produced, my disc plays jittery when there is movement or panning.

My production movies seem fine. I preview them on High quality not HD so that I don't get any more green screen. When I create a regular dvd or blu ray with just one production it turns out fine. They play well on the tv, and well on the computer.

It's when I combine the 5 productions in the create disc page, then put it on blu ray that it all goes wrong.
The titles are fine, even the title page is fine, and the slideshows are fine. It's just the moving video that is not.

I was told that you do not need to 'produce' the video before creating a disc. However, it seems that I do have to.
I am testing this, (tomorrow as I've run out of time.) I have produced the 5 x 30 minute HD videos together as one 2.5hr video.
Then I will send that to disc to see if it runs smoothly.

I wonder what else it could be. I am choosing the 100% svrt (as it has now already been rendered once) and am kind of doing it again to join the 5. It is 24fps. Which should match with my 50i. Is that right?
I can't think of anything else it could be. As its only during the create disc phase.

Thanks for your help,
Jenny

Jenny
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If your videos are 24p you should use the H.264 and 1080/24p profile in create disk.

There is two 24p profiles, choose the one that is the closest to your videos bit rate.

[Thumb - Bluray 24p profile.PNG]
 Filename
Bluray 24p profile.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Bluray 24P profile
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
178 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 14:00

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Thankyou Carl,

Can you explain bit rate a bit further? I think my footage from my Pan Tm900 on the HA setting is 1920x1080/50i which is the same as 25i. I believe it's 17mpbs. That's the bit rate, right? (I'm very unfamiliar with the technical side.)

So if 17mpbs is the bit rate (actually when I left clicked on the produced file it says the bit rate is 18.79mbps), then I should choose the 24mpbs option in the Create Disc screen.

I looked for the two profiles you are talking about. I see two 50i profiles, one says no bitrate but I think it's 40? is it? and the other says 24. So I should choose the 24 which is closer to my 17?

When I produced, should I have looked for any options? I chose svrt, and the best option that it gave me that was 100% svrt at 24 mpbs (because I've produced the 5 videos individually at 24mbps before) now just joining them. But I can see it offers a 16mpbs option too. That's closer to my 17. Should I have produced in that, even though svrt is saying only 42% of the file can be rendered.
I've made a big blu ray like this previously, I didn't have a problem then. Not sure why.

I'm wondering if from project > production > create disc I am not realising something important about bit rate.

Thanks,
Jenny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 18:34

Jenny
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Can you explain bit rate a bit further? I think my footage from my Pan Tm900 on the HA setting is 1920x1080/50i which is the same as 25i. I believe it's 17mpbs. That's the bit rate, right? (I'm very unfamiliar with the technical side.)

Bit rate can be very technical.

This may help you understand its use in Video. If you scroll to the top of this article you get the whole technical explanation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_rate#Video

I would use the 16 Mbps profile, My camera is also 17 Mbps, that is the profile I use.

I looked for the two profiles you are talking about. I see two 50i profiles, one says no bitrate but I think it's 40? is it? and the other says 24. So I should choose the 24 which is closer to my 17?

Select the encoding format and quality (two drop down boxes)
The 24p profile in the create disk module is H.264 not MPEG2.

See the picture in my earlier post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 22:23

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jaymay22
[Post New]
wow. That's a lot to understand. So bit rate is the rate at which the information transfers.
I think I'm getting confused between the options when a) producing and b) creating disc, and also a) bit rate b) fps.

My footage is avchd 1920 x 1080 / 50i at 17mbps.
So... int the produce screen, when svrt is pressed, I should get a 16mbps option, and even if it's not the fastest on the list, that's the one I should choose?
And then, in the create disc screen, I should also try to find the 16mbps option? (It's the 24p that is confusing me. - my footage is 50i - or 25i same) which is 25 fpsec I guess? (PAL not NTSC) So I should look for AVC H.264 1920x1080/50i 16mbps. Is that right?

phew! Jenny
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jenny -

I'm not sure why your BR disc is jittery, but I can see how the whole thing is a bit confusing. This may not help with your disc issue, but it might help clarify a couple of things. Maybe.

Your original clips were shot in HA mode - 1920x1080 50i 17MBps - http://www.panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/hd/x900_series/specifications.html

Your camera records with a variable bitrate (VBR) - that means more complex or fast moving parts of the clip can have a higher bitrate allocated to them.

Here's a bitrate view of some short clips I just shot with the camera set to record at 17MBps. The first clip was static, just pointing at some flowers. The second was walking along then panning & zooming (a little more motion). The third clip was recorded on an iPhone - my grandson tearing around on his gokart - some more action and greater variation in bitrate.

So - even though you had the camera set to record in HA mode at 17MBps, you were recording a scene that needed a higher BR appied (that's why it says 18.97MBps).

Using Intelligent SVRT on your original clips, the 16MBps profile came up & you applied it. With the clips you'd produced at 24MBps, the 24MBps profile came up. Makes sense.

If you've edited the video at all - transitions, titles, effects etc - those parts of the video have to be be re-rendered. They're the red bits in SVRT information.

The rule of thumb to maintain quality is to produce in a format/profile as close to the original as possible. It seems you've been doing that on the whole.

Jenny - do you still have the original projects (the ones you produced at 24MBps)? If so, you could insert those 4 projects into your current one to burn your BR disc.

When you get up to burning, it may be worthwhile decreasing the burn speed to avoid errors.

I hope that's helped a little & not muddied the waters

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Video Bitrate_VBR.png]
 Filename
Video Bitrate_VBR.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
152 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2013 02:37

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jaymay22
[Post New]
That is fantastic Tony, thankyou. I completely get it...well almost completely.
What I also understand is that I was only taking the svrt suggested option, that looked like it was the quickest, but not always the best. I had rendered 3 of them in 24mbps and 2 in 16mbps.
I took notice of your comment regarding try to stick to the closest possible, and now I can see that there was TWO places where that comes into play. I didn't realise.
So I have SUCCESS. I re-rendered all the (wrong) video in 16mbps, then re created the disc...again (and this is where I didn't know there was anything to do with bitrate) using the 16mbps option.

Voila. Perfect.
Your explanation illustrated why some bitrates were 14, some 15 and some 16, and now ..while I don't need to understand how it does it, I understand why it does it. Thanks, Tony. oh, and I didn't have to 'lower the speed'....that's another thing I know nothing about. I'll have to look up what you mean.
Generally Cyberlink has been fairly self explanatory, but I find having this forum, and you guys on it, invaluable.
Thanks so much x Jenny