Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Splitting big projects when using Create Disc
Hssr2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2013 00:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Wanted to know if there is a feature or functionality, which automatically splits a oversized project, into 4.7 gb or 8.5 gb supported size, when creating Disc ? I see this feature in other products. HSSR
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Wanted to know if there is a feature or functionality, which automatically splits a oversized project, into 4.7 gb or 8.5 gb supported size, when creating Disc ? I see this feature in other products.

Actually file size means very little in video production. It is TIME that is one of the ruling factors. You can get one hour of best quality video on a single sided disc and a little less than 2 hours on a DL disc. You can get more but the quality goes down. Those other programs are probably lowering the bit rate of the video (poorer quality) or not making a standard DVD. Is quality or number of discs more important to you?

If you must have more than 2 hours on a disc, look into DivX or Xvid format bit be sure the DVD player will play those formats.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Wanted to know if there is a feature or functionality, which automatically splits a oversized project, into 4.7 gb or 8.5 gb supported size, when creating Disc ? I see this feature in other products.

No, PD create disc module does not support automatic disc spanning that I am aware of. You would have to manually split your pds file timeline and create your own splits to fit on x number of discs. Depending on your chosen split point, the second or other discs could have a menu or you can use no menu so it just plays when inserted.

If the intent is to just put a lot of SD footage on a disc, you could also use a BD disc with just the SD option and get 5+hours on a 25GB disc. Requires a BD player for playback.

Jeff
Hssr2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh actually when I meant splitting a big project, it is like this. Obviously the quality is very imporant. I have aproject currently which is around 15GB, when I go to Create disc. So I do not want the applicaiton to reduce that, to fit into a 8.5 (DL) disc, but I should be able to render two DVD video file set so that I can burn 8 Gb in one, and another has the remaining 7. If PD12 cannot do this, then I need to approximate the number of hours of video coverage and split in to two projects and use Create Disc to create two separate sets of DVD files. For me the output to be as .vob files are important. Blu-Ray is showing 54 GB (mpeg4), but I will use h264 format and burn it on a BD-DL.

BTW, even after burning in h264, it does not play in PS3. Are there any other ways to make it work in PS3? Need to look out in the fourms, new to it. HSSR
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
In answer to both questions ( I think). The way I done it with a wedding video I made for a friend as a favor when all the videos and pictures were supplied to me (these were clips from various camcorder, cameras etc that when incorporated into the project. What my remedy was was to create separate projects ( at a quality output) and produce each project to Hard drive with relative name and in the sequence you want it to play in final version. Now at the end of the last project I place an 'Image' (jpg/png) with appropriate theme and a 'Title" to say to the effect insert disk two.
Now when you create "men' Just burn to folder or burn to disk for the DVD's. The first DVD will be contain the first Project with the Image for inserting 2nd dvd, the second DVD will contain the end project.
Now as for the second query pertaining to PSP there is a choice on the "disk Create' to select for a Playstation, under devices>sony and you get a drop down for that.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Now as for the second query pertaining to PSP there is a choice on the "disk Create' to select for a Playstation, under devices>sony and you get a drop down for that.
Jim

Jim, please post a picture of devices > sony from the Create Disc module.

If you are referring to the devices in the "Produce" tab, the PSP is not a PS3 and any setting there would produce a substandard video for typical PS3 viewing, assuming one has his PS3 connect to any reasonable sized TV. The PSP has a 4.3inch screen and this setting in "Produce" area has appropriately sized video frames for such.

OP, the PS3 can play either a H.264 or MPEG-2 video format from the PD "Create Disc" module with the BD disc type. Not sure why your requirement of VOB files, if you deem that important, you can only create DVD-Video. SD or HD video on a BD disc will not create VOB files, however, it will play fine on a PS3, just not a basic (non Blu Ray) DVD player.

Jeff

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
My apologies I was having an old age moment my statement was when 'Producing" not Create Disk...My apologies... But I have created Projects that have played on my ps3 in 3D with menus available..I believe I burnt to folder then used Imgburn to create the actual DVD.
Again I apologize
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Hssr2011 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like manually creating the projects are the only way.

Also I regularly burn BD disc, with both H264 and mpeg2, it just does not play in my 2006 and 2011 PS3's. Also I have tried in various burners like, ImgBurn, Burnaware, Nero 12 etc. No success. HSSR
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like manually creating the projects are the only way.

Also I regularly burn BD disc, with both H264 and mpeg2, it just does not play in my 2006 and 2011 PS3's. Also I have tried in various burners like, ImgBurn, Burnaware, Nero 12 etc. No success.

Post a picture of your "Create Disc" settings area with the "Burn in 2D" window showing your settings when creating your BD, it may help. What do you mean by does not play, is the disc not visible, read as data disc, loads but skips or freezes?

Jeff