Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suddenly can't play back protected Blu-ray contect (Code 0122)
EyesWideBlown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2013 14:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there!

I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD 13 Ultra, the latest version ( 13.0.3105.58 ). During the past few months my PC has suddenly become unable to play any DRM protected Blu-ray content. After wondering about this issue for months, I haven't got a clue what might have caused it. The error I'm getting is code 0122 ("cannot play back the protected content"), and as I run the Blu-ray advisor, in simple mode it says "Fail", and as I view the further details, everything else has been labeled "Pass" with a green colour except:

Graphics Card: AMD FirePro V7900 (FireGL V) - "Unknown" (grey)
Graphics Card Driver: 12.104.2.0 - "No" (red)
HDCP-compliant Display - "No" (red)

However, the advanced mode says "Pass" and all the listed items are marked with a green "Pass"-text.

I have no idea what might cause PowerDVD 13 Ultra to suddenly stop playing back any DRM protected BD content, except that during summer, I upgraded the AMD display driver set to a newer one - I always make sure I have the latest driver set, "AMD FirePro™ and FireMV™ Unified Driver Version for Windows 7 (64 bit)" (from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_win7-64.aspx ). My displays should be HDCP compliant as well - like I said before, I've been able to play every single BD disc with PowerDVD before, even those requiring BD Live and all that, but now none of the copyright protected-discs I own seem to work. I'm puzzled.

I can attach the log from the BD Advisor if it's of any conceivable help ...

Thanks a lot in advance for any help on how to solve this issue!

mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The driver update could be the reason.
As far as I know, to playback a DRM protected Blu-ray movie, HDCP is required if output via digital interface.

In addition, there're also other protections required by DRM rules.

For example, screen capture must be prevented. And this prevention is achieved by VGA driver, OS and PowerDVD.

Try to roll back the display driver and see if it works.
[Post New]
You may want to check if there isn't an even newer driver on the AMD website before you roll back.

Maybe try this beta driver on that page here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Another thing you can try it to check if "Ensure Smooth Video Playback" is unchecked in your Control Center. Having this checked created problems with hardware acceleration and therefore the ability to play back protected content for some people in the past.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2013 05:57

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7