Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Project won't open
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I fear it is something stupid I did, rename or move a file, but strangely I can see all the files that the dreaded 'can't find' error message gives me.

My Cyberlink PD 11 is shutting down by itself. I am trying to open a project, the first of 4 in a series that I have completed, and rendered and have the finished copy of. I am now doing as suggested, and exporting all the packaged media so that if I wanted to remake I could. I only learnt this after completing 3 projects, but have successfully packed the last 3 of the 4 projects I made. The first one, however, won't open.

I am getting the 'can't find error message' for a bunch of files that came off a different camera. I can see them in the folder. I have renamed, moved and shuffled...just incase I did that earlier and can't remember.

When I click 'browse', and find the file, it only let's me find one of the 12 or so that it can't find, ...then loads them, and then updates the timeline to 79%, then shuts down. I get the error message that Cyberlink has stopped working,...etc.

This is odd. Any suggestions? I feel I have all the files I need, and think it's a bit weird that it stops on the timeline, not on the loading. Thanks.
Jenny Jenny
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
How long ago did you do the first project and it opened OK?
Moving and renaming files is BAD. If on external media, be sure external drive is connected.

I fear you have a corrupted PDS file of the first project. You need to find a AutoSaved or a previous save of that project.

PowerDirector 11 Default location for Auto Save.
AutoSave is located in a hidden folder.
C:\Users\PCNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0\AutoSave

To view Hidden folders and files:
Control Panel > folder options > View Tab. Check Show hidden files and folder > OK
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Thankyou so much for your reply. I took a little while to respond back, as it did take me quite some time to find what you described. I did enable hidden files, found the one you were talking about, and found all the previous saves. I have re-used the most recent one that opens. Yes, it must be corrupted. Not sure why.

Also learned from a tutorial was the placing and saving of all files in a folder on the desktop while in use. ALL files. Then it's definitely clear and not necessary to move or rename them until files have been packaged and exported after completion. Live and learn. I'm still not sure what happened, or what I did, but you saved me. As it was the first of 4, I can't remember when it last opened properly, perhaps 2 months ago.

I had made a production of that video already, but wanted the originals in a packaged exported file. So thankyou, I got almost all of it. Thankgoodness.

Once again, thankyou for your help. It is very much appreciated. Genius!!

best wishes,
Jenny Jenny
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl,
Also learned from a tutorial was the placing and saving of all files in a folder on the desktop while in use. ALL files. Then it's definitely clear and not necessary to move or rename them until files have been packaged and exported after completion. Live and learn. I'm still not sure what happened, or what I did, but you saved me. As it was the first of 4, I can't remember when it last opened properly, perhaps 2 months ago.

best wishes,
Jenny

You can also create a Working Folder for your video project, and copy all of your source videos and images to that one folder. That folder does not have to be on the C drive, it can be on any internal drive.

I do not like the Desktop idea, you get the desktop cluttered up with junk.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.