Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles position?
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
does anybody know whether PDirector 12 finally allows you to position subtitles instead of imposing a screen area like in previous versions?
I'd like them to be a bit closer to the bottom screen.

Thanks for any help
Steve __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
There is a facility by using X and Y axis co-ordinates to position the subtitles. I have not experimented with it in real life very much, so I don't know any limitations etc.

Cheers
Adrian
[Thumb - subtitle.PNG]
 Filename
subtitle.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
161 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
455 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2013 04:49

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks
but where do you get that window? Is it a built-in facility or an external tool? __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
As soon as you enter a subtitle, the 4 arrows

button is available,

when clicked the XY co-ordinates box pops up and you can select the overall position.

Cheers
Adrian
[Thumb - subtitle (2).PNG]
 Filename
subtitle (2).PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
426 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2013 10:47

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
sjordi
[Post New]
Wonderful,
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot for your help.
And yes, this is a new feature only in version 12

I'm always amazed by Cyberlink. Each time I send them a suggestion for new features, they're implemented in a patch or the next release. Stunning.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2013 01:18

Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2013 18:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps, Steve, you would please suggest to the developers that they make it possible in the next update to add multiple subtitles to a DVD, so that one can create a language menu with multiple subtitle choices (e.g. in English, French, German, etc.). I am actually holding off on purchasing this software until such a feature is added. It seems such a basic requirement in DVD authoring software that I am surprised that they have not already done so (nor, to be fair, Cyberlink's many competitors). As it is, a single subtitle option just doesn't cut it.

Thanks.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 06. 2013 18:25

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Perhaps, Steve, you would please suggest to the developers that they make it possible in the next update to add multiple subtitles to a DVD, so that one can create a language menu with multiple subtitle choices (e.g. in English, French, German, etc.). I am actually holding off on purchasing this software until such a feature is added. It seems such a basic requirement in DVD authoring software that I am surprised that they have not already done so (nor, to be fair, Cyberlink's many competitors). As it is, a single subtitle option just doesn't cut it.

Thanks.

Hi,
Please make contact with Customer Support and put your suggestion to them directly. The more the suggestion is made the more likely the request is taken notice of.

The disk writing module is in need of an update, perhaps in PDR13/14

Support link: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2013 05:30