Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video format mov 3gp
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
My son sent me a video from his IPhone that is a mov file with the extension of 3gp. I can;t open it with Power Director 11 or 12. I can open, preview and output the file to different formats with a different video editor. I know I can use a third party converter to get it to try to work with the file.

I don't see in the help files that Power Director will handle 3pg extensions.

Did miss something? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I don't see in the help files that Power Director will handle 3pg extensions.

Does here, using a 3pG test file from http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1425.
Renamed with a mov extension, it still opens in PD11.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I don't see in the help files that Power Director will handle 3pg extensions.

Does here, using a 3pG test file from http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1425.
Renamed with a mov extension, it still opens in PD11.

That was the key; renaming the file to (name).mov .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Steve (and borgus1) -

Here, PD imports, plays & edits 3gp files just as they are (i.e. straight off the iphone). K-Lite installed.

Changing the file extension to either .mov or .mp4 works too.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Allmoto
Newbie Location: Washington, USA Joined: Dec 27, 2010 13:23 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I Have a few .3GP files that when renamed to .mp4 will play but the video is quite pixelated and choppy as well as the audio. They play nicely on my LG G2 which was the device used to capture the videos. Is there any fix for the start/stop, choppy video and audio?

Don