Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blip at end of track
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I have a CD containing a single continuous piece of music. Even though the music is continuous, the CD is actually composed of several tracks. It plays continuously on a regular (i.e., not computer based) CD player. When I play it on my computer those track boundaries are audible as a loud click followed by a moment of silence whose duration seems to depend upon the particular software and drive I use.

That in itself is annoying, but this becomes a real issue when I rip the CD with Power2Go 9. It creates a separate file for each track. When I play the files back, each file ends abruptly (because the music is really continuous) but that abrupt ending is the source of the click. I've looked closely at the waveform of each file, and there is no "click" actually recorded in the file. The sound is caused by the abrupt chopping off of the audio.

I tried to fix things up by combining the files using AudioCreator, but unfortunately that doesn't fix the problem. The "clicks" still appear.

I don't know if I've made this clear or not. If anyone thinks it would help, I can post some examples.

My goal is to get this music onto an MP3 player so it sounds continuous.

One more note: this isn't the only CD I've had this problem with. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
It occurred to me that the compression algorithms might be part of the problem, so I ripped my CD as WAV files. That made the problem less, but it is still there. I hear a distinct click between tracks. Jerry Schwartz
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: It occurred to me that the compression algorithms might be part of the problem, so I ripped my CD as WAV files. That made the problem less, but it is still there. I hear a distinct click between tracks.

I should have mentioned that the click will only be there if the end of the file has sound playing. If it is silent, the click won't show up.

I'm buffaloed. Fortunately, by using WAV files I can get the click to be almost unnoticeable. Jerry Schwartz
fantamace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 23, 2013 20:32 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
How about as Mp3, are these amplified? have you found a work around for this already?
jerrys
[Post New]
I finally got back to this project, and no -- I haven't found a workaround.

I tried using Windows Media Player. It will play the CD as music directly without a problem, but if I try to rip the tracks I'll get that "blip" noise at the end of each one. It's obviously not a Power2Go problem. It must have to do with the way the computer (hardware, driver, I don't know) reads the disk when it is ripping, as opposed to playing.

My only solution would be to play the CD as music and record the resulting audio stream. I might or might not get around to it. Jerry Schwartz