Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
1628 error when trying to install on new computer
crazydoglady [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arizona Joined: Jun 02, 2012 13:44 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Brand new computer, Windows 8. No problems installing photo editing software, but PD10 keeps giving me a 1628 error. None of the existing threads help (earlier than Windows . Support ticket submitted, but from previous threads, thinking I'm more likely to find an answer here! Help!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Brand new computer, Windows 8. No problems installing photo editing software, but PD10 keeps giving me a 1628 error. None of the existing threads help (earlier than Windows . Support ticket submitted, but from previous threads, thinking I'm more likely to find an answer here! Help!

Edit: After I wrote the information below, I looked at the requirements for PowerDirector 10. W8 is not listed. I'm not sure if that means they haven't updated the requirements OR that Power Director 10 is not W8 compatible. Did you ask support about this?

Did you install to the administrator account and make sure that the program is not trying to install in a compatibility mode. I assume that you have turned off your antivirus.

There are two other possibilities that I can think of immediately. A bad Windows Installer is not likely because you have a new computer. The other is that the program has become corrupted. Do you have a disc version or a download? If disc, copy the disc to your computer and install from there. If download, you may want to re-download the program and run the install again.

Remember keep that antivirus OFF during the install.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2013 09:51

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.