Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Merge audio files
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Silly me, I assumed that you could string together audio files in AudioDirector the way you can string together video files in PowerDirector. I guess you can't.

Any suggestions for combining a bunch of WMA files into one? Do I really have to go into PowerDirector to do this, and then extract the audio from a video? Jerry Schwartz
[Post New]
Hello Jerry,

Not so silly, Jerry. You made a correct assumption.

Visually, it's almost the same as what you'd do in PD. Which version of AudioDirector are you using? ADR4 makes the job much simpler!

Just import your WMA files & go to the MIX module.

You can lay each audio clip end to end in the same track or insert each in a separate track.

I'd better wait till you say which version you're using, because the steps are a little different in ADR3 & ADR4.

PIX
PIX YouTube channel
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!

You gave me enough of a clue. I was able to combine the files with only one hitch. The original files were WMAs, and had artist/composer/album information in them. I had hoped that when I produced the combined file, it would retain the information from the first clip; but it didn't.

I don't see any way to add those properties to a produced file. You can do it afterwards, outside of AudioDirector, but that really should be an option on the Produce screen (if the resulting format supports it).

Unfortunately, this exercise didn't solve my problem. It appears to be a glitch in Power2Go, so I'll look for a solution over there.

I'm using AudioDirector 4, by the way. Jerry Schwartz
Aurelia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2015 03:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
ou may refer to this step by step guide to merge audio files together like merge MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, WMA etc at [link removed]

It guide can merge audio files without reencoding or merge audio to other audio format.

It also can merge video files into one like merge MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV etc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2015 04:29

[Post New]
Hello Aurelia,

Please make the forum a better place by not posting spam here. You have posted a response in an old thread with information that will not assist forum members with the question of combining & mixing audio clips in AudioDirector.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2015 05:44

PIX YouTube channel