Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to upgrade from Power Director 12 DELUXE to ULTRA?
[Post New]
I bought the Deluxe version because I was upgragding all the way from PD8 so I figured Deluxe was enough. But now I wish I had gotten Ultra for the multi-cam plugin. When I click upgrade in the store it assumes I am upgrading from version 11 or older and it is $65. I already paid $70 for Deluxe. By itself, the full version of Ultra is $99. So I guess I wonder if there is a way to pay about $30 to get ultra. Does that make sense? The website suggests going to the forum for info so here I am. I'm just curious if this might be an option and if so how to do it.
thanks,
Nicky
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
We can't help; contact sales directly and don't be surprised by their answer.

You might talk to sales about returning the program for credit and then buy the "better" one with that credit. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I bought the Deluxe version because I was upgragding all the way from PD8 so I figured Deluxe was enough. But now I wish I had gotten Ultra for the multi-cam plugin. When I click upgrade in the store it assumes I am upgrading from version 11 or older and it is $65. I already paid $70 for Deluxe. By itself, the full version of Ultra is $99. So I guess I wonder if there is a way to pay about $30 to get ultra. Does that make sense? The website suggests going to the forum for info so here I am. I'm just curious if this might be an option and if so how to do it.
thanks,
Nicky

As far as I know...if your purchase of the Deluxe version was within the past 30 days(this is the time limit of the refund policy)...

Then....

You need to contact customer service and request a refund for Power Director 12 Deluxe. If you want to have the Ultra version then you need to purchase it separately. As far as I know they only give refunds. There isn't a way to pay the additional $30 to get the ultra version. But who knows....maybe things have changed.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.