Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video/TV Wall effect gone missing?
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I have installed PD12 Ultimate Suite and I used to have a video/tv wall effect where it would start off as one image and then divide up into many of the same image. Does anyone know if I can get this back as I cannot seem to find it in any of the effects in PD12.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi!

I have installed PD12 Ultimate Suite and I used to have a video/tv wall effect where it would start off as one image and then divide up into many of the same image. Does anyone know if I can get this back as I cannot seem to find it in any of the effects in PD12.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Just making sure that you checked for the Video Wall here. Is it not in this location?

[Thumb - Video Wall.PNG]
 Filename
Video Wall.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
673 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
656 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2013 09:31

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. I am at work at the mo.. but will have a look when I get home!

Regards,

Alan
Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I apologize for butting in but did you check out the plug-ins 00 the jigsaw puzzle icon. It is just below the word "Capture". There are many options for theme designer. I haven't used it yet but it looks pretty cool/rad (depending on your age. The YouTube vidoe is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51TSh4t0TG0&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLXdDbjk-FLytADmrek8QwtLIiLxshSeMP .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek,

Thank you for the reply. I will also check it out tonight... looks like i will be busy!

Regards,

Alan

P.S. as an aside, have either of you used an external Blu Ray drive with PowerDirector? My rig only has a Blu Ray reader not a burner but has USB 3 support.... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I have a USB connected blu ray burner and it works with the program. I have an old expensive one that I use most but I have also used an inexpensive one (portable) for burning blu ray discs. They are both USB 2 but that should not matter. USB2 can work with a USB3 port. The USB3 should be slightly faster.

I should also tell you that I burn to a folder and then burn that to the blu ray disc. Less stress on a computer sicne it doesn't have to encode and burn at the same time. The last disc I made I tried burning to a disc and burning to a folder didn't work well at all (non-playable disc). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek,

You say that you burn to a folder, then burn to the disc. What do you use to copy the output from the burn to a folder onto the Blu Ray/DVD disc? Do they still work in a Blu ray/DVD player (the 'normal' ones that you attach to your TV, not the pc) ?

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Hi stevek,

You say that you burn to a folder, then burn to the disc. What do you use to copy the output from the burn to a folder onto the Blu Ray/DVD disc? Do they still work in a Blu ray/DVD player (the 'normal' ones that you attach to your TV, not the pc) ?

Regards,

Alan

I use a proprietary program to do this. You could try ISOBurn (free) or Power2Go (cyberlink pay for program) or Media SHow (I think).

Perhaps someone else has a better way of doing it. I'd really like to know their Cyberlink suggestions. I created a thread in this forum but never got a satisfactory answer. .
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi stevek,

Regards,

Alan

You use a disk burning App,
Then you burn the Disk Folder that Power director created. Powerdirector creates "My Video" in that folder is the following folders.

For a BluRay there are two folders, You burn using UDF 2.5 file system.
BDMV
CERTIFICATE

There are sub-folders in BDMV.

For a DVD also two folders. DVDs are burned with the standard burn ( ISO 9660 (Standrad ISO CD ROM) ) .
AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS

Yes, if you burn using the above parameters the disk will play in any Standard BluRay or DVD player (BluRay only in a Bluray player).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2013 14:11

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

stevek
[Post New]
Carl, which disc burning app do you use (if it is not a competitor's program)? .
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Cap'n Kevin and stevek!

I found the video wall/tv wall effect! Doh!

Thank you both for your help! Much appreciated!

Regards,

Alan

P.S. I have got Power2Go (version I think it is. Will this burn Blu Ray?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2013 14:49

Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, which disc burning app do you use (if it is not a competitor's program)?

I use Nero. A commercial disk burning package.

I also use the free App 'CDBurnerXP'. Oops I said the name!

Cyberlink has Power2Go 9 Essential Free Download.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

stevek
[Post New]
"I use Nero. A commercial disk burning package."

We may both be banned, I use the one from the company that starts with an "Ro" ! .
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

Even though the discussion is no longer about missing effects, I'll chime in... If you have Power2Go Platinum 8, you will come across the same issue I posted here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28657.page

I haven't tried version 9 yet, but will do so.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2013 20:16

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Alan -

Attached is the opening screen from Power2Go 9. It cannot be used to create BR video discs. Only data discs.

This is not a restriction of the Trial version, as the trial is not limited for the first 15 days of use.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/power2go-platinum/download_en_US.html

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - P2G9 VideoDiscOptions.png]
 Filename
P2G9 VideoDiscOptions.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
361 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Carl312
[Post New]
I have been burning a data disk for BluRay videos since I started burning Blu-Ray.

If the structure is correct, the disk plays in all Blu-Ray players as expected.

[Thumb - Blu-Ray burn in Nero 9.jpg]
 Filename
Blu-Ray burn in Nero 9.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Burn BluRay video disk (must have the structure)
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 19. 2013 11:21