Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering time
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like I'm going to be constantly complaining about PDR12. Why has it taken 7 hours to render a 10 minute MP4 2D video made up of stills, when virtually the same project took 40 minutes in PD11???? Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Looks like I'm going to be constantly complaining about PDR12. Why has it taken 7 hours to render a 10 minute MP4 2D video made up of stills, when virtually the same project took 40 minutes in PD11????

Hi Hall 47,
As the saying goes, "throw us a bone", give us something to gnaw on. How many images (pixel frame size) were in both? What were you selecting in mp4 video (more choices in PDR12)? What's the spec of your PC, diagnostic please? Could you please show us the make up of the project, screen shot of the Edit Workspace?

Any additional information you can provide members will help them try to replicate the issue, confirming your findings.

Dafydd
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I was about submit a post on the same issue. I waited patiently for my PD 12 to burn a 60-min DVD which took about 11 hours! to complete, a beautiful result. But, what am I doing wrong to cause so much burn time? What preferences should be changed, if any? So far, every time I upgraded PD over the last 3 versions, it took hours more to burn similar projects. I think a similar project took about 3-4 hours in PD11, prior to that much less. My current project contains about 100 AVCHD video clips, a similar amount of still shots, and transitions between most of them. I used the default Disc format: DVD video, widescreen, MPEG-2, HQ - Best Quality, Dolby Digital, 2 Channel. Attached is the Dxdiag of my PC.

I am happy that I upgraded, but am amazed at the burn time. The additional features are gratifying.

(I see nothing was fixed on my complaint of the long time - 2 minutes - it takes for a naration to appear on the track after recording, or that editing the sequence of video clips screws up the audio where it moves far relative to its video and causes all sorts of overlap problems, and eventually even crashes PD. You may remember me posting this several months ago.)

Bill
 Filename
DxDiag 9-19-13.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
331 time(s)
Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was about submit a post on the same issue. I waited patiently for my PD 12 to burn a 60-min DVD which took about 11 hours! to complete, a beautiful result. But, what am I doing wrong to cause so much burn time? What preferences should be changed, if any? So far, every time I upgraded PD over the last 3 versions, it took hours more to burn similar projects. I think a similar project took about 3-4 hours in PD11, prior to that much less. My current project contains about 100 AVCHD video clips, a similar amount of still shots, and transitions between most of them. I used the default Disc format: DVD video, widescreen, MPEG-2, HQ - Best Quality, Dolby Digital, 2 Channel. Attached is the Dxdiag of my PC.

The one thing that jumps out to me is you have 100 HD video that are being put on a Standard Definition DVD disk.

PD does have to render all of those 100 Videos from HD to SD, that takes a lot of time.

You may be able to cut down some of the time, if you Produced the project to a Standard Def MPEG2 HQ video. Then used that video to burn the DVD.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.