Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Movie & Magic Style
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone else experiencing issues with these two functions? Movie footage sometimes shown as stills, stills not used in the specified order and not all incorporated despite multiple repetitions of the same image appearing in the final version.

Seems like CL have yet another of their new product "blips" that get a response from support (when they can be bothered responding) requiring lots of tinkering with computer settings and re-installing of programs before a final update/patch addressing an actual issue is released - just befor anothe high priced version of PDR is released and the cycle begins all over again!

We keep coming back for more in the vain hope that they will get it right at some stage without the need for update patches, and that it will just do what the advertising blurb actually says!! Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hall47 -

I spent the whole time using PD11 with both Magic Movie & Magic Style failing to produce a single thing! PD would go through the motions, but consistently resulted in a blank timeline. No patch ever fixed it. No re-installation ever fixed it. It still the same for me.

I'm yet to try those features out in PD12, but I'll get to it.

It would be well worth documenting your test observations and having them forwarded to the R&D team. While tech support is not necessarily in tune with these functions in PD, there's a good chance that forwarding your findings through the moderator might result in positive changes.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Anyone else experiencing issues with these two functions? Movie footage sometimes shown as stills, stills not used in the specified order and not all incorporated despite multiple repetitions of the same image appearing in the final version.

Seems like CL have yet another of their new product "blips" that get a response from support (when they can be bothered responding) requiring lots of tinkering with computer settings and re-installing of programs before a final update/patch addressing an actual issue is released - just befor anothe high priced version of PDR is released and the cycle begins all over again!

We keep coming back for more in the vain hope that they will get it right at some stage without the need for update patches, and that it will just do what the advertising blurb actually says!!

Hi Hall47,
Thank you for your observations so far. If you can list what you've found and where a bug is observed please specify the actions you did and see if it is replicable (for yourself and for members using the same files). Please attach a diagnostic - a Stationary video may be caused by lack of PC capability. A screen shot of your project in the Edit workspace would also help to check your layout. Guides Part A, B E & F may help you: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

RE: stills not used in the specified order and not all incorporated despite multiple repetitions of the same image appearing in the final version. That reminds me of the pre-release versions of PDR11 I was given. The program (PDR11 pre-release) added images that weren't even in the timeline or appeared to be part of PDR11 - they were from within the coding of the program! The stills that were in the tracks weren't all used either... You may have found a bug that should have been eradicated pre-release.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator