Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Time lapse jittery with Music.
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I have a very strange problem.
Still new to editing with Cyberlink so hope you can help.

Have a piece of time lapse taken with my Panasonic TM900. In fact, two pieces of time lapse. The first is quite long, and I've added a piece of fast music to it to make it more enjoyable. I added the music track to the audio underneath the video, not on the music track line.
The second timelapse piece is silent.

My problem is that the video has blocky artifacting on the first piece, rapidly on and off, and very strangely almost appears in time to the beat of the music!
The second silent piece, directly after it, is perfect.

When viewed through the preview screen in edit mode, they both play perfectly, even with the music on the first piece.
But after production, the blocky artifacts show up,...but only in the first piece that is accompanied by the music.

Is it the placement of music on the audio line, directly under the video causing this? Should I move it?...or is it something else.
I have put music on audio lines previously, but have had no problems.
In settings I have hardware encoder off, shadow files off, reduce blocky artifacts on, preview setting on high.

thanks, Jenny. Jenny
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Can you attach a dxdiag.txt? try producing again, maybe try a custom profile with a constant bitrate. It is strange that it only happens with the background music, but having the music on the audio track should not cause that.

What is the original source? Is it a video or series of photographs? What format? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
...taken with my Panasonic TM900 video timelapse 1fr every 10 secs.
what format? ummmm.....avchd 50i
and I'm not sure what you mean by a custom profile with a constant bitrate. I'm a bit new to this, so not sure how to tweak things.
thanks for your help so far. Will attach diagx shortly.
Jenny
jaymay22
[Post New]
attached dxdiag in reference to blocky artifacting when playing timelapse video with music.

not sure what you mean by a custom profile with a constant bitrate.

Thanks!
Jenny
 Filename
DxDiag64Jenny.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
190 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
211 time(s)
Jenny
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Computer looks plenty capable. I would suggest updating the graphics driver, although I do not think that is your problem.

In Produce, many profiles have a little plus sign (+) next to the profile. That will allow you to create a custom profile, but AVCHD and MPEG 4 apparently do not have the option of constant bitrate, unless I am overlooking it. If producing again does not clear up the problem, then you may try a custom profile changing the CABAC button to CAVLC. That should give you a better encoding with a larger file size.

I will check back tomorrow. It's actually very later here. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jaymay22
[Post New]
Thankyou so much, you're so helpful...I'll look into it.
Jenny