Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Theme Designer?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The new PD12 has a 'Theme Designer'- but no help files on how to create your own theme....not very good for users if you ask me..I opened if to experiment with my own 'Theme' and all I got was predefined templates...went to Help file and all it did was refer to templates...not Impressed..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
You may well be right, although there are many more templates available now than in earlier builds so I presume more will become available, but I don't see the current module having the capability to "build your own" so to speak. I suspect it is more akin to the pre-set slideshow templates that are pre-built.

Perhaps Theme Designer is the wrong title, maybe it should be "Auto theme your video" or something?

But who knows what the future holds??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for the feedback...I spent an hour yesterday trying to create my own...failed...then another hour or so this morning with no luck..
Seemed like a nice addition to the program...but kinda useless the way it stands...
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
There is a YouTube video showing how to do this:
Theme Designer - PowerDirector 12 Tutorial | CyberLink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51TSh4t0TG0
This is on the Cyberlink Channel of YouTube, check it out.

IMHOAO (In My Humble Old Age Opinion)
Bill Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is also a user guide for PD12.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/userguide_en_US.html
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,

The Theme Designer in PowerDirector 12 lets you fully customize all the existing Theme/Style templates, but not create your own from scratch.

The feature provides a lot more flexibility than the old Magic Movie feature.

Regards,
David
Caroline [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2016 11:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 also claims to allow for editing text in the plug-in Theme Designer. You can only write a very short title that remains stationed. You cannot move it, change the font style, size, or color, making it useless for me to use.
LarrytheHikerGuy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2016 06:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Theme designer does not allow you to change the color, size or position of text. One template has light colored text on a white background making it almost unreadable. You cannot choose which inserts are videos or photos, that is chosen for you.

To say you can "fully customize all the existing Theme/Style templates" is total and complete rubbish.

Useless tool

Quote Hi James,

The Theme Designer in PowerDirector 12 lets you fully customize all the existing Theme/Style templates, but not create your own from scratch.

Regards,
David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2016 06:28

Larry
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Theme designer does not allow you to change the color, size or position of text. One template has light colored text on a white background making it almost unreadable. You cannot choose which inserts are videos or photos, that is chosen for you.

To say you can "fully customize all the existing Theme/Style templates" is total and complete rubbish.

Useless tool

Quote Hi James,

Regards,
David

Larry, it's a little late for your comments on this post as it's 3 years old.

If you require help wth theme designer please start a new thread. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,