Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Dirictor 2 and Avast
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I just ran in to a problem with Color Director 2 and Avast ani virus software it block it the second time I open it. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael -

I'm not familiar with Avast - haven't used it for many years - but that's definitely a false positive.

I use TrendMicro Titanium Maximum Security & it's never alerted me to any problem with CL software, including the current batch.

The best thing to do is tell Avast to allow the installation/running of ColorDirector 2.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Yep I knew it was a false. It just took me sometime to learn how to let Avast let it run.

CyberLink must of change all the registering of the mpg4, h264 and the other ones. The first thing I did was drop a clip in the timeline and went to produce and to see what need activation or register. I did not see anything asking for it. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos