Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 Menu background music can not be changed.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all

I am trying to change the music that comes as part of the ready made menus.The buttons for the "background music" do not seem to function. Creating a test wma file and making it part of the menu audio file did not work either. That file, even though it was selected did not play either,only the original music will play.

Regardless of which music I select, only the original music, part of the menu is played. It can not be changed or eliminated even though there are buttons for that. Changing WMA to WMAEL as suggested by NathanD did not work either.

Any help is appreciated, I like the menu but the music is horrible.

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 14:58

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eugene -

Which menu template are you using?

Some of them have opening video sequences - maybe that's where the unwanted audio is coming from. If you've been in the menu files, those videos are stored in the LayerTemplate folders.

Do you mean the music selection buttons are greyed out?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
You must just have gotten out of Bed,
Good morning Tony and thanks for the speedy reply.

It is template 5, Baby room.

Thanks 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You're right Eugene - it's early-ish here. So early, this post was full of typos.

That's a tricky one, but you were on the right track. Selecting other music in the menu module has no impact (as you've discovered).

Here's your "workaround" in detail. It works.

1. Prepare your selected audio clip in wma format.
2. Make a duplicate copy of it.
3. Name one "opening_music.wma" and the other "setting_music.wma" (exactly like that without " " )
4. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\Menus\Baby Room\Audio - yours may be in the Program Files folder.
5. Replace the two audio clips with your own.
6. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\Menus\Baby Room\LayerTemplate\LayerTemplate2
7. Replace opening_music.wma with your own "opening music.wma" (copy/paste)
8. Open PD > your baby room template should be good to go.

I used the guitar riff from the Beatles' "Birthday" - works well with the pastel baby pictures!!!

Cheers - Tony

P.S. It doesn't work if you modify the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 10\PowerDirector 10 Content Pack II\Menus\Baby Room

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 16:03

Eugen157
[Post New]
Well Tony, that is what I tried, except the files are in program files etc rather than in program files(86).

And on my computer they showed up here C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\Menus\Baby Room\Audio.
And it appears that they cannot be changed from the menu creator.

Ideally Magic Music would be fine but that does not work either.

Before I started my post I did a search and it seems as if I am not the only one.

Also I want to apologize for that terrible event here recently, I just cannot believe what is happening here.
Sorry.

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 18:54

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
You may have to go to each consecutive page withing the template. That is go to content page and select each 'My Video' that is listed and remove the music from each one individually, that was my finding, also there is s 'check box on the lower left screen to play Intro video uncheck that also.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Eugene -

I think we're all equally sorry about the ghastly things people do to each other sometimes, but there's no need to apologise. We have no say in it really.

Well - I fully expected your post to say, "Great. That works." Guess we'll have to dig deeper.

Do you happen to have PD10 installed on your system? There must be something about our installations that is different. My PD11 is part of DirectorSuite - that's why it's in the (x86) folder - that wouldn't cause our different results.

I've just faithfully repeated the steps & got the same result. Modified Baby Room screen capture attached.

I'll bet it's something simple we're missing.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. It's a pretty convoluted way just to change a little bit of music, isn't it???
 Filename
BabyRoom.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2852 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
156 time(s)

Eugen157
[Post New]
Yes, Tony I had a look at your menu, wish I could do that.

My program is PD11 Ultra, no PD 10, of the app 17 available menus it seems the audio can only be turned off on 4 or so. With the

others the audio is riveted, welded and bolted to the menu's.

Have not used menus in the past with PD, just use a starting page with titles. That is the price I have to pay since most work is done originally in 60P and burned in that format too.

So I will tinker a bit more and very much appreciate the inputs received from you and James.

Regards

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2013 22:08

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,